Terve
I am doing well this week. The Finnish is coming along. I can say most of what I want to throughout the day now. That is nice. Plus the new Finn's got here and I can see how far I really have come! But I still get PLENTY of practice with the "real" Finns. haha
Congrats. Jake and April, I can't wait to meet little Dallin. I bet he's the cutest thing ever. I hope all is well at home. Sounds like a lot of change. Ant, just remember not to take the job unless they let you carry around a gun. Camille and Gregg, sounds like your working hard and having the baby on top of that must be really hard. I'm praying for you. Mom, I haven't received the thermals yet, I don't know if you've sent them. My mission scripture is Alma 26:12 I think you had a question about that. And last item of business, I can't wait for Elder Jones to get here!!!! I know he will love it. And, I can't wait to get that big hug from you mom. I'm waiting for that one. I'm grateful that all of you are safe. And isn't that so cool that Dad has a direct flight now?!?! Total tender mercy of the Lord, right there!
This morning we went to the temple and it was GREAT! I actually saw Ben Tingey and talked to him for a bit. I love the Temple. I can't wait to get out and teach people about all the blessing that are available to them. We are promised SO much, we have great reason to be happy all the time! I feel so happy here at the MTC. It's not just because of the actual place, but it's because of what I am doing here.
This Sunday fireside I learned that we aren't completely happy until our beliefs and our actions match up. That is so true. And right now almost every single thing I do during the day matches up with what I believe. This week we have been preparing to teach the Plan of salvation, pelatus suunitelma, all in Finnish. (Kiakki suomeksi) It's a lot to learn in one week but I have faith that we will be able to pull it off. We've all been working really hard on it. I know it may not seem like it as you read this letter, haha, but I have learned to focus a lot better since Feb. 4th.
On Sunday we participated in the 12th dedication of the Draper temple. It was really neat. We got there over an hour and a half early. We planned it that way, so we could have time to just sit and feel of the great spirit that was there. I walked away feeling renewed and energized. I'm so excited for general conference!!!!!!!
I am still alive, I still LOVE my companions, There is nothing not to like about the MTC, It's one of the greatest places on earth. I love sharing my testimony everyday. And talking about things that really matter all the time. Before I came on my mission I don't know what I talked about a lot. That's kinda sad. It's way better to talk about important things!! And more satisfying.
All my love,
Vanhin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment