Second, business! The call will happen on Sunday the tenth. :) The only time that we can
do it is at 20:15 o'clock. which is eight fifteen for me. For you it is 11:15 in the morning. Sorry it's right during church but that is really the only time. My companion is calling right before that that is why we did it fifteen minutes after the hour (so our calls don't overlap) I'm looking forward to it.
Now the fun stuff...
We were on our way to a teach with Leila when a man passing on his bike stopped us and asked if we had anything to read about our church. We said of course! And gave him a book of Mormon right there. We went to his house that night and taught him the first lesson. And we have a second teach scheduled for when he gets back in town! It was amazing. We don't get stopped by
anyone, WE are usually the ones stopping people. And on top of that no one usually listens anyway. ha,ha So it was a very unique experience. I know that the Lord is preparing people hear in Finland. I believe that this Petri Ahonen could be one of them. But we treat everyone like they are elect. Then we know if their elect by seeing weather or not they keep their commitments.
Cool things....
CHOCOLATE!!!!! Wow today i tried this new chocolate that literally translated means lemon-yogurt-choc. IT is so good! I'm buying a different kind each week. Then by the end of my mission I'll have tried them all. Yum! A few days ago was Vappu. A holliday also know as May Day. But it's an excuse for everyone to get drunk!!! Like carnival in Brazil. We weren't allowed to leave our appoitment but the next day we rode a bus through the Keskustori , or city center, and there were still people everywhere! They dress really weird in worker clothes and then they all wear there graduation hats and drink a lot! But when we rode the bus through the center it was a ridiculous sight. I just got this pit in my stomach and wanted to cry for these people. I won't describe anything in detail but I will say that it seemed like they weren't even humans. It seemed like I was in a fake world or bad dream. But when we stayed home for vappu we made a huge feast and ate it on the Parveke, deck. After we sat back and ate chocolate. It was a great night.
MCKAY, I thought you would find it interesting that the buses here all have hydraulics. If the street is on a slope or angle then it pumps up one side so that the bus is level. D when the bus stops to pick people up one side lowers down to the ground. I really think it's because there are so many old people in Finland. Ha, ha. But we use the buses to get everywhere! I think that is about it.
I Love you all! SOOOOO much!
Sincerely,
4 comments:
Elder Quinn is the man (and a great Elder). I think that is awesome he is in Tampere. That is my favorite city!
Make sure you tell him Sunday to send some of that chocolate home. It really is awesome. When Clint was in Espoo he got to go to the chocolate factory twice:)
A lot of my best experiences and memories from my mission were in Tampere. his trainer is also an awesome elder.
Post a Comment