Monday, October 12, 2009

Paljon kirjoitettava

For Anthony and Nathan, Earnst and Young in Finland

Terve!


Well, we've had a wonderful week here in Pori. The weather is continuously getting colder. Supposedly tonight we are getting the first snow of the season. But as the weather is getting colder the work is getting warmer. The Lord has really been blessing this little town of 76,000 people. And it hasn't slowed down one bit since Elder Nielsen has got here.


Elder Nielsen is a tall, bright eyed, blond haired stud from Tremonton, Utah. He has such a pure desire for the work and hasn't had one problem hopping right into the work and leaving home behind. Very high caliber. Even with his limited language skills he has participated in every single one of our teaches!


Speaking of, I've never taught so much on my mission. We have 7 investigators and we taught twenty times last week. That's not counting spiritual messages at members houses, (we did those too). The Lord has really helped us to reach our high goals. It really has been amazing to learn here that anything is possible.


One of our best investigators is Pauliina. She has been progressing steadily ever since we meet her on the street right by the church. Yesterday was her first opportunity to come to church and she did. After church we grabbed two members and had a little lesson so she could ask her questions. It went really well. She leaves for vacation to Africa on Sunday so we'll try to get one more teach...or two. :) She is very busy with work.


We have two or three investigators right now with very big addiction problems. Alcohol and tobacco. It's very draining to teach them. Some times there dependency is so bad that it's hard to meet with them because their lives are so inconsistent. Bottom line, please pray for us. And for our investigators. I know that your prayers and not only heard, but that they are answered also! Keep it up and step it up! :) That's a good motto.


One of my other motto's is, Greenie for life. We need to always be learning. NO, I have not visited the temple yet!!!! Next change if I am still with Elder Nielsen, when he goes to the language school I'll get to go to the temppeli.


I don't need the church news any more. We don't have time to read them. I just want conference in English ASAP! :)


Treat those elders well tonight and always. Give them some work to do!!!! Have you ever thought about inviting Eric Pace over to dinner with them. It would be way easy. 'Hey Eric, come to dinner and see what Dallin is doing in Finland.' It could be very enjoyable. And you never know what could come of a simple loving act like that. ;) or maybe you do.


Love you ALL!! (All readers)*

Sincerely,










*even those I've never met, including my companions' families also!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That was fun how he ended it. I am glad things are going so good for him. Clint has a new companion from Layton. Things are going good there too.