Monday, November 9, 2009

Rakkaus on tärkein!


Terve,

Another amazing week in Finland. There is no place I’d rather be right now than with Elder Nielsen in Pori, Finland.

WOW The streets of Pori received a break while we spent two days in Turku for Mission Conference. It was such a great time of instruction and learning. Conference was all about gaining a vision and love for the work and what the Lord wants us to do. Amen.

We can do so much good when we look at people, goals, and work, through the Lords eyes…not our own. I know that I couldn't’ be doing this work by myself. And if I was, I would be doing half the work that I could be doing with the Lord. Elder Nielsen has been a great example to me of someone who trusts in the Lord and tries to see what the Lord wants him to see.

We have a big responsibility to be on our knees, always seeking the Lords guidance. I never realized how real his guiding power really is. And also how much energy it can demand from us. But oh the joy that comes, when we have fulfilled what the Lord had in store. Oh the joy that comes, when we can look back and see that the Lord has helped us do miracles.

We have put a lot of time and prayers into finding a vision and seeing Pori the way the Lord sees Pori. It’s still formulating.  I know that as you go to your knees humbly and strive, ask, converse, Ether said ‘wrestle’, with the Lord he will show you YOUR path. God The Creator, Alfa and Omega, will specifically answer you. He will take you by the hand and help you see and know what is best for you. WOW I feel so grateful for the knowledge that we all have of our Heavenly Father. He actually gives us advice and tidbits while we are here on earth. As this truth has sunk deeper into my thick skull. I’ve found an amazing desire to share this knowledge with others. I want to help other people develop a strong relationship with Him too. I have a little bit of an understanding of the script. ‘First seek to obtain my word’ then tear up the streets of Pori looking for someone who will listen to my word. Isn’t that how the scripture goes?....

Elder Nielsen and I are so excited for this next week. The transfer is almost over and we have a lot more people to find. There are people here who are ready to take the gospel. It is our great privilege to find them and learn ourselves as we do it. Please pray for us to find those people. Please pray for Janne Nurmi. He is trying to live worthy and the way Heavenly Father wants him to live.

Finland is about to explode with success. I can feel it. Please pray for the church to grow. I am convinced that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that it fits for all people. The lord has sent us a little book of help called ‘preach my gospel’. I am SO thankful for it. I know that PMG contains the right way to do this work. Christ is the Key, let us all strive to appreciate Him the way we should. AND to see others the way He does. As to our strength we are weak, but through Christ we can do all.
Love you,
Vanhin Quinn

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What an awesome letter! He is doing great:)