O.K. It’s been a great second week here in Espoo. The days are lengthening and the investigators are coming out of the woodwork.:) (compared to a year ago)
The baptism for Vahur Sander went really smoothly on Saturday. We had almost 100 people there, ten of which were not members! It was such a great service. Elder Nikiforov spoke about Kaste and Vahur's friend in the ward baptized him. Then an old legendary member gave a talk about the holy ghost. The spirit was there SO strong bearing testimony. We are so excited for Vahur to start this new life. He has already come on teaches and taught with us.
Lets see then on Sunday we got a ton of snow and he was late to his own confirmation! :) Well… not late, but he walked in the front doors of the chapel as the opening prayer was being finished; so he didn’t even sit down he just walked straight up to the front to be confirmed.
Also on Sunday a member brought his friend along. It was so neat. He was there for all three hours. In pyhä koulu we talked about prayer and he actively participated. Then after church he said he really enjoyed it and said it felt like ‘home’. WOW! The Lord IS preparing people all the time. I’m so grateful that this member had faith to talk to his friend and bring him to church.
Mom, you had questions about the language test that the missionaries take. It is to help president know where everyone is with their language skills and also to help the missionaries see how much they really have learned. It’s fun to be in this position because I get to interact with president more. He is a great man. He always has something good to say.
Thanks for asking if language school went well. It drained all my energy but went pretty well. I have A LOT to learn still about how to run it and how to teach.
I feel like I am really stretched right now. It’s a bit overwhelming sometimes but at the same time I’m having the best time I’ve ever had on my mission. Luckily I have a companion who is very solid. I LOVE him.
Speaking of, you asked if I need anything…..I don’t. But I just got a crazy idea. The other day one of the elders we live with got some brownie mix from his mom. Elder Nikiforov loved it. He said that in Russia their desserts are nothing like Americas. He really loves American sweets. Maybe you could send him a letter thanking him for being so righteous and such a great example to me, and include in it a cake or brownie mix.
It’s a joy to hear that the ward is doing missionary work.
This week is Zone leader council. We all go to the temple with president and his wife and then we have a big meeting with president at his house. I’m super excited for it.
Good luck to Dad, maybe the church will notice his sweet skills! ;)
I love you more than ever, and I am happier than ever. Please pray for the Lord to be with the us in this work. There is no way anything would work with out the spirit. Will you also specifically pray for us to find our next baptisimal candidate? I know your prayers help. I’m praying for you. Let me know if there is anything specific I should pray for.
Sincerely,
Vanhin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment