Elder Quinn and Elder Lepeshkin at Helsinki, Finland Temple
Terve!
It's been a busy but great week. We had splits in Kouvola (2 hours away) with Vanhin Fuchs and Vanhin Karlsson. It went really well. They both have great faith and work hard. The Lord is blessing them for their diligence too! We found a new investigator who is absolutely golden. While trackting we didn't teach her or go into her house but we gave here a packet about the restoration to read. She called us later and said she read it and had a lot of questions. We went to her and she said she's felt like she needs to worship God more than just reading the Bible. She said it doesn't satisfy her hunger for the word of God. She then said she feels like she needs to go to church on Sundays and become more active. Remember, this is all before the lesson!! We taught her about the restoration and how we now have the B.O.M. and she LOVED it! The spirit was very strong and while we testified I know she felt it is true. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost. It really IS the greatest gift one could have here on earth.
Lately I've been able to learn about and experience the gift of discernment. WOW, the gift of discernment is incredible. Through it God really can show us his mysteries. In all reality the gifts of the spirit are in-numerable. God tailors his gifts to us.
This week we also took a little road trip to some of our visiting cities to visit all the less actives who live far away. It was a very special day. We visited at least six people. We were able to feel immediately the love of God for these less actives, to bond with them, to connect with them, and then talk openly. Some of them are so close to coming back to church. It's just so far away to drive, (especially if you don't have a car) :) We were in a area where Swedish is spoken a lot and actually some of these members spoke Swedish as their mother tongue and also Finnish pretty well. It was kind of cool, we took one less active who speaks both languages well and, with him, visited all the others. I think it had a good effect on him. He really liked it.
This week we have zone conference. Wish us luck! Also Elder Campbell and I got the language test all ready to administer. I'm excited. It's my first time teaching AND I'll be proctoring the language test. 'break a leg' right? :)
The mission stretches us all. Actually, LIFE stretches us. Especially if we choose to follow the Savior and do what he would have us do.
Please keep praying for Finland and missionary work. The blessings are many, but we still need prayers.
I love you,
Vanhin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment