Terve!
It has been a wonderful week in Espoo. Elder Nikiforov and I had many opportunities to teach. I want to tell you about one.
We are teaching a couple and they do not have a lot of knowledge about Christ. We planned a very simple teach about his life and ministry. When we arrived the spirit was perfect and we were able to have have a prayer and teach with pictures and the video 'finding faith in Christ'. The spirit testified so strongly that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God. Even I learned some things. :) This couple, especially the man, felt it. He said after the lesson, 'As you taught I felt so good inside, like you were just reminding me of things I already knew.' They were so happy they gave us some food and asked when we could come back. I know that the Lord is preparing people to accept the Gospel. His hand is in all of our lives. He helps me as a missionary to find those who he's prepared, and He helps you with callings and righteous desires.
T_____ was very grateful to receive your card. He says Kiitos. It was good to see him one last time on Sunday. He is solid in the gospel.
Also our 82 yr old investigator came to church for the 2nd time yesterday. She loves it! haha In the investogator class she is full of comments and testimonies. Bless her heart. She knows the gospel well. The next step is understanding the apostasy and restoration.
As you may have known, this week was change week and I got a call. I'm a bit sad to leave Espoo so soon. The ward is incredible and I love the people there. But I have faith that the Lord has a plan for me. Saturday night I got a call from President Brown asking me if I would serve as his new assistant with Elder Bryant. Yesterday night I left Espoo and Elder Nikiforov and came to Marjaniemi. Normally changes happen on Wednesday but I got moved a bit early so I could learn how to facilitate change week. :)
I am so grateful to be serving in Finland at this time. The Lord is pouring out his blessings upon this nation. All I can say is we need more faith and prayers than ever right now. Thank you for the prayers you have offered. Please, everyone who reads this, pray for the missionaries and members to find, teach, and baptize by the spirit. It really does help. You too can be a part of the success in bringing souls to Christ. Oh, how great the joy that comes from true conversion.
Elder Bryant told me to put a disclaimer in my e-mail so hear it is straight from his mouth, 'Dont freak out if yer son dont write on Monday. We got lots to do and sometimes we e-mail a little later in the week.' I'll do my best to be faithful to you. :)
I'm excited to talk on Sunday! It feels like we just did. It should be the same as last time. Call at six o'clock Finland time. I think that's 9 in the morning for you.
Love you,
Vanhin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment