12 May 2013
Dear Mom...and family,
Day one, I hopped out of the 15 passenger van to meet my host, an awesome Elder from England. Leaving the family wasn't too hard or emotional for me. My host was very nice on our walk to M1.
The toughest, most emotional part was when I walked into M1 and they asked my last name and proceeded to put on my name tag, that was powerful. Then we dragged my bags all the way to the northwest corner of the MTC M13. Once we swiped our card to get in we pulled the bags up to the fifth floor. I have a nice bottom bunk by the window. My companion is Elder Whitney from Kansas City, Missouri. He is the oldest of four boys. He is a good kid, he's been working the past 9 months to pay for the mission. We are going to work hard together. Then we walked all the way to the southeast corner of the MTC, M18. Our classroom is on the fifth floor so our hoe and our classroom are on opposite sides of the MTC, which will be really nice to walk everyday.
In the classroom we met Sister Wakefield who will be our teacher, she is going to be great. She spoke 85% Spanish today, but luckily I understood 95% of it :). Some of the other Elders in our district were really confused all during class. I feel very blessed to have some Spanish background.
After class we ate dinner and I saw Montana Law, (girl from Camille's ward in Midway) she said it has been really tough on her. She is learning Japanese. After food we went to a welcome from the MTC President. He was great. Then we had some role play teaching experiences which was really cool to evaluate. Life is good!
I'm going to bed now. Here is my address: Oh, and I will not email for another week....that would be cool if you could get this address out to everyone.
Elder McKay Quinn
Jul22 Mex-Mexs
2005 N 900 E Unit 237
Provo, UT 84602
I have a lot more to say, but no time.
Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment