2013-07-15
Provo, MTCMcKay Quinn
Famillia,
This week was crazy fast. It feels like just yesterday I was
doing laundry and printing off emails. I’m still learning so much! We finished
the red Spanish language book in class this week, so we have no new material to
learn this week. All we will be doing is reviewing concepts we don't feel
comfortable with. I have felt very blessed with the language from day one. I
know all the concepts and how to apply them in speaking, now I just need to
practice. That is why I am excited to get down to Mexico!!! Every day will be
practice, 24/7... It is going to be great for me. I am so looking forward to El
Campo...the field!Visas... No visa yet. :( Although two elders in our district now have their visas, so that gives me hope. One of my companions, Elder Tolbert is in Las Vegas today picking up his Visa. He should be back late tonight... The Salt Lake one must be closed again, but IDK. Everyone in our District received travel plans to fly out on the morning of the 22nd, so the travel office must be confident that we will get visas this week, but I have no clue. I am just praying that they will come this week because I know that there are people in Mexico City waiting... And I know that my Mission President needs me. I am confident that we will receive our visas and fly out on Monday like our travel plan states.
This may sound strange, but I understand the scriptures so
much better in Spanish. So much more stands out to me. The Stories are so much
more meaningful, and I understand and learn more. It is probably because I am
paying closer attention to every word.
My teacher inspired me to make some mission goals that I can
focus on throughout the mission. They
are supposed to be goals for yourself, not baptism numbers. He said you will
baptize every week in Mexico, so the numbers really don’t matter, but you can
make a difference in yourself, the mission, and the people. I have faith that I
personally will be able to make a difference.I loved the packet you sent this week mom... The house is looking so good. I love looking at the progress on the house every week :) I am happy for you and dad. Sounds like Idaho was fun as well, I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures. I love hearing from the family, and I especially love to hear that all is well, because I know God is watching over all of you.
Watch the Video "Need answers? go to the source" https://www.lds.org/youth/video/origin?lang=eng In this video, a young woman learns from reading Joseph Smith's experience that when we face similar challenges, the best way to find truth is to go to the origin, our Heavenly Father.
I love this video... It is so accurate for so many people in
this world; people are lost, just as Joseph Smith was lost. We, just like him,
can pray to know the truth. I love the simplicity of this video, and how they
use the same words Joseph Smith used to describe the situation.
(will you post links to these videos on my blog? Camille can
help you )Mom, I dry cleaned my suit and three pairs of pants today. I will have to pay for my second bag at the airport and I am planning on just using my debit card. Will you keep an eye on my account, thanks?
What are those men’s health formula 1 a day pills?
Could you send a money clip, or a cheap wallet? I want to
have a "fake" wallet with a few pesos so when I get mugged I can just
hand that over. Oh and apparently the church just changed the dress code and
tan pants are available now. Could you send me a pair or two of really light
colored pants; I think I will want them in Mexico. If they don't work, I'll
send them home at the end of the week with all the other stuff that I am going
to send before I go to Mexico.
From the Provo MTC, Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment