| George Ulage and his family gave me this tie for Christmas! His dad is the Elders Quorum President |
| We had the opportunity to go to the temple again this week! What a blessing! I thought this picture turned out cool! (Beautiful blue sky, very rare here in the city) |
| Top Left to right: Turnbull, Quinn, Clarck, Jungitud, Sanabria, Hulme, Frazier, Brown
Bottom, Brailsfords, Jiar (son of president) Hermana y Presidente Valadez
Last night we went to Presidentes house to eat dinner and play games. It was wonderful! I will never forget this experience. I feel very blessed to work so close with president here in the offices. I love him dearly and learn so much from him each day!
http://www.lds.org/media-
This motivates me to serve others around me everyday! Service is such a monumental concept in the church. Without the service that Jesus Christ offered with his atonement we would not be able to return to live with him again. Selfless service is such a simple thing, that can change the life of another.
Love you guys! :)Part of McKay's companion, Elder Tyler Browns email his mother shared with us. Crazy how fast time flies here in Mexico. So this week has been a pretty awesome one with a bunch of little get together. After talking with you all Christmas day, Elder Quinn, Torres and I went to the Brailsfords house and had a little dinner with them. It is way cool cause they seriously treat us like there own family. I even find myself calling them Grandma and Grandpa sometimes haha! Thursday and Friday were normal days in the areas and offices. Our investigator Michell and her boyfriend hadn't really been progressing but finally her birth certificate came in and they are going to get married. Getting married isn't really that exciting for them cause they already live together, but they are so stoked to get baptized so that will be coming soon! We have continued teaching W______ who is so prepared by the lord. She actually got a little mad at us cause we told her she had to wait a few weeks to get baptized so she could prepare. I am not sure if you remember the Carreras family? Mom, it's they grandma that always sends you guys pictures of me. They fed us 4 huggeeeee meals this week and have seriously treated us like family during the holidays. Saturday, Elder Quinn and I were able to go to the temple and do a session and see a sealing of some members that we reactivated. The spirit was so strong as we watched them get sealed to their family for all time and eternity. Yesterday was seriously one of the funniest celebrations for the week. President Valadez invited us to his house for the new years and we had a huge dinner and then played charades with them, but we played it with stories from the bible. When it was my turn I didn't know the story and made fool out of myself, but it was so fun and we were all cracking up. President was making fun of me and telling me he's going to buy me a bible so I study it hahha (even though he knows I have one). |
No comments:
Post a Comment