Lunch... Torta Cubana
|
This week has been more normal, (notice how I said ´´more´´ because really there is no such thing as a normal week in the offices). I have been helping the Brailsfords with a new project. We are constructing a mission map with every mission house and every church building with all the boundaries etc. It is really going to be awesome!
Along with the mission map we are taking on another huge project, mission house inventories. We are going to inventory every house and revise what they have, if the house is not sufficient, we will rent a different house, and if they don't have all the supplies they need, we will provide all the missionary essentials. It is going to be a huge project.
Final results wanted: Wall size 8x8 map of the mission, 6 binders full of all the house information including inventory, address, photos, rent price, utilities, etc. It should be a nice resource to have when we are done. We are renting like crazy right now, and don't really know all that we have. Hopefully this project will bring some order into the caous of renting 72 houses!
Area: We are working on a ward mission plan for 2014, hopefully we will finish that up by Sunday. We were walking down the street yesterday and I had the impression to talk to a young 12 year old boy. It turns out that his aunt is inactive and has been for 10 years, she just had an appendicitis, and no one has visited her for two years! I think we were an answer to her prayers. We are going to keep tabs on her, and sent some ward members over to her house.
W____ should be getting baptized tomorrow. She has an interview with president tomorrow, so we will see how that turns out. I am really excited for her!
We will be busy this next week with, baptism, reports, receiving 2 new missionaries from the MTC Monday, and Zone conference Thursday!
Mom thank you for sending all the mission experiences from my friends! I love reading their experiences. I love you all, thank you for your prayers and support... I really can feel it everyday! The Lord is the one that is in charge of this plan, not us. All we need to do is trust in what he is doing, and follow through with what he expects of us! I love this marvelous work!
With Love,
Elder Quinn
| Cooking steak with family Carreras! |
| Doing the Nightly Reports. Three companionship report with me, and then I report to the Zone |
this Tuesday. It is cool to see the members save up, and go!
It looks like a beautiful evening in Midway Utah! I love love love it! Enjoy it! I love you! Got to go teach a family night lesson! :)
Love you mom! Elder McKay Quinn'
Excerpt from McKay's companion Elder Browns letter this week:
So this has been another awesome week here in Mexico! We have had a little situation with the Visa of a new missionary that just arrived so Elder Torres and I had to go to the airport and the migration center to get it all fixed while Elder Quinn hung out with the G Parents all day(Elder and Sister Brailsford). I am sure he loved that! They are way awesome and we seriously call them our grandparents now.
So everything in the area is going well. We will be baptizing W_____ this week and we're stoked! Elder Quinn is going to baptize her and I will direct the meeting. She has seriously been a testament to how the Lord prepares his children to enter into the gospel. It has been an awesome experience teaching her and I have learned a lot!
Something kind of funny happened with our investigator M_____ from the U.S. We told her she has to go to church 5 times to makes sure she was prepared before getting baptized and she didn't take it to well. She has had so many struggles in getting baptized and was frustrated for another road block. We knew she was irritated cause she started speaking English (Her husband only speaks Spanish and was way confused), but we explained everything to her and told her we would figure it out with our president so she could be baptized. She got excited again and is continuing to progress just needs to get to church!
This morning Elder Quinn and I met a way cool couple from Denmark. The guy spoke German natively and Danish and the girl spoke Spanish, but they both spoke English so we were all able to communicate.
No comments:
Post a Comment