Hello!
Things are are still going well at the MTC. I have gotten a lot of questions so I'll answer those. But first I want to thank some people. Thanks to Elder May's mom ;), thanks to the Sumsion family, Camille, Anthony, the Hopkinsin's, Thanks for all the support, no matter what form it comes in. :)
O.K. questions. The language...it gets bigger and bigger everyday. We've learned a new grammar principle every class-day since I've been here. It's a lot to understand, let alone, absorb and apply. But it is fun to constantly be working on it. The alphabet is kind of similar to ours. It just has six extra letters and things are pronounced a little bit different. We usually have a teacher come in for 3-8 hours a day. Then the is an additional 3-4 hours of personal study that I can choose what I'll study. Lang or gospel. I usually split that in half. I feel like I have a good gospel base so with that time I study how to teach it more effectively and how to invite the spirit into the lesson....standard PMG stuff. I LOVE IT! But to really answer your question, we study the lang. ALL DAY. Speak you lang! SYL If I can say anything in Finnish, I do. I have quickly developed a love for the Finnish lang. and the people of Finland.
Yes, I have received the dearelder.com letters. We get the mail every day so the day you send it I get it. It hasn't been distracting, I don't think you need to worry about it. Sometimes I forget to go get the mail and Vanhin May reminds us.
My energy level? It's high! Well, spiritual energy stays pretty high all the time. The MTC is really amazing in that way. As far as physical energy goes...the Lord gives us as much as we need. It could be a bit better at the end of the days I'm pretty tired but that's a good thing. It's not like I'm getting depressed in here or anything. :) Smiles all around.
I am printing pictures to send home right after this. You should get those in two days.
Do I need anything? Nope, we did a good job packing! I never did get those cookies from my teacher tho?.....N8......haha I think that's funny. I deserve it after all the things I kept from him at college.
This week I am getting my first transfer! They are tearing our building down. So actually on next Thurs. we will move out to a newer building. That will be nice. I don't know why they put us Finn's in the oldest building they have? Since we're here the longest shouldn't we get the best building? Whatever, they all get the job done.
I love you all,
Vanhin Quinn
BONUS
This week I had an awesome experience in the RC. (still my fav. place because I actually get to do missionary work) This guy from east coast called because he saw a comm. about the Lamb of God video. I started talking to him and found out that his wife had just died. WE talked about his feelings and I started to teach him. I told him ab the BOM and he was interested. The missionaries are going to teach him and I'm calling him back next week to follow up. If they haven't come then I will continue to teach him the lessons. This work is truly the greatest work there is. IO know God is preparing people everywhere. And I feel priv. to be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment