Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Terve,

Things are going well at the MTC. The food is good. The language is
great. And the spirit is the BEST! I've already hade many great experiences here that have taught me a lot. I don't have a lot of time so I'll just tell you about one. Elder M. Russell Ballard came last night and spoke to us. I know that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. He entered the room and we all sang "called to serve", a very popular song in the MTC, I felt the spirit so strong. We get to feel the spirit a lot here at the MTC. But when Elder Ballard came in I felt it stronger than ever.

I am learning a lot about the spirit while being here. I used to think that we just needed to live worthy of it and then we'd be able to hear it on ocassion when we needed it. That is somewhat true, but, the spirit can direct us in everything we do, everything. It is something that I am trying to become constantly aware of. Just like anything else in life this takes practice.

WOW, I can't believe that Dad's flight got changed. That is such a blessing, maybe it's the Lord saying thank you to dad for getting another one out the door. haha

Last night Elder Ballard also thanked all of us for being out here in the mission field. But then He also thanked our parents. So I extend that to you now. Thank you so much for getting me to this point. I know that I'm in your debt. You raised me and taught me the principles of the gospel from a young age. If it weren't for you, mom and dad, I would not be. here. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Let me know what else you guys want to hear about. I never know what to write about.

P.S. There is this thing called dearelder.com where you can type letter to me. They will print it here at the MTC and put it in my mail box. Some people are doing it and it's great. Fast, free, and easy.

I love you all and wish you the best!

Sincerely,

Vanhin Quinn

1 comment:

Abe n Linz said...

what's up with the flight?