Dear friends and family
The MTC is still here and the Lord's work is still rolling forward! Five new missionaries called to Finland are arriving tanaan. We are super excited to meet them and help them. Also, two Finns who are going to serve their missions in Sweden are here right now. I love to eat lunch with them and practice the language. One of them isn't so good at English and he speaks Finnish Really really fast. He has to say everything three times for me. :) I am doing well. Physically and spiritually. I'm trying to stay physically fit here. For the elders that come for three weeks it isn't much of a problem. But when you're here for twelve you can gain a lot of weight! We have gym everyday. It is lots of fun to play volleyball but I make myself run a mile and work out before I can go play. So, I think that is working. Plus I am taking my vitamins, like I promised you mom, every day. I am staying energized and happy throughout the day, so it's great. But I can't ignore the help the Lord gives me as well. He not only grants me the opportunity to live each day, but he helps me to enjoy, use, and fill, each day. The Lord blesses all of us so much. It takes energy and thought to even begin to see how much he blesses us. That's why it's so easy to take things for gratitude. the cool thing is that we are available to so many more blessings. Brigham Young said, "we live far below our means spiritually". I am striving to become closer to my father in heaven each day I'm here.
My investigators at the RC are doing o.k. this week i had to drop two because they weren't progressing. that was a first for me and it made me so sad. I felt the spirit and I know they did too. but some people just don't want to change their lives. I can only pray that someday they will (sorry my "shift stopped working")
Thanks for the great letters and dear elders.com letter. Sounds like Israel was an amazing experience. It would be very educational to do a semester over there, I would love that privilege.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!!!!!!! I hope it was the best ever. And it probably was considering how amazing your family is. Let me know about the babies....sisters! :)I'm so excited. You better send pictures. I will send my love to them.
Thanks for Elder Quinn's letter {Jordan Quinn - his cousin in Canada}. He is right on track with PMG. That is all I am learning here. And it is really cool to see an elder who is applying it all in the field. We need more elders like him. And that is the type of Elder I plan and am choosing to be.
Thank you for the St. Pattie's day package, I felt loved. We shared the cookies and goodies. Life is great. If i could request one thing, it would be that if you are going to send a package. Don't send sweets. The MTC as you know is all you can eat. And they have TONS of desserts and cookies and brownies....Everything. So I can get that stuff if I want it. It's funny because I will resist the sweets in the sweets in the cafeteria, but then someone will send us a package of cookies or something, and then I feel bad when I don't eat any of them. So if your sending something, send a healthy thing. Like trail mix or........protein shakes. Haha you know what I mean.
Thanks for all the support.
All my love,
Vanhin Quinn
P.S. I forgot to tell you that we leave the 20th...not the 28th. So if you wanted to send me a letter in the MTC you better do it soon! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment