Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Terve

This week has been great. We have a few more responsibilities being the zone leaders but nothing too much. I really like meeting the new elders and watching them change the first few days they are here. We all need Christ in our lives, it is a realization that we will all come to someday. But the sooner we know it for ourselves the sooner we can start to help others come to that same knowledge.

This week Elder Humala of the Seventy spoke to us last night about understanding the creation, the Fall, and the atonement. It was amazing. Lots of it I knew already. But there were some things I didn't know or that he approached from a different angle. But it was amazing because I walked out of that fireside, not just knowing the doctrine, but feeling it as well. It is one thing for someone to know doctrine, but it is another to make it a part of you. Like right now I'm learning Finnish. I know a bunch of Finnish words and grammar principles....A BUNCH!!! But they are not a part of me yet. Finnish doesn't flow from my lips when ever I see someone. BUT, this gospel IS becoming a part of me. I pray for it to root deeper and deeper every day. So I will naturally have the desire to spread the Lord's redeeming message. I am here to invite all people to come unto Christ. He wants to bless us as much as he can. He is waiting...ready to run to us and succor us. Hopefully in two years it WILL naturally come out in Finnish as well :)...but not yet. blessings are linked to our actions. We must do certain things to receive all He can give us. Right now in the MTC I am doing everything I can to qualify for all the blessings that I need to teach people. I am dedicated to the Lords purpose.

We are teaching the first lesson all in Finnish tomorrow night. I should do pretty well. We have been working to get the whole companionship ready. It's all about being prepared. We aren't allowed to teach with any notes. That way we really know the material.

The time is flying by! I can't believe I've been here for five weeks. Everyday is so full of study. I guess it make them go by faster. Finnish is coming along pretty well for five weeks. We pretty much only speak Finnish in class now.

Much love,

Vanhin Quinn

No comments: