Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello

The MTC is great! My companions are still putting up with me and we are learning the language! The Lord is truly blessing us more than we deserve. I am amazed at how far I've come from four weeks ago. I know that the Lord has blessed me so that I can learn the things I need to learn before I get out into the field. We are going to be zone leaders come Sunday. But don't get all excited, haha. I think they call all the Finn's to be zone leaders because they are hear so long! It doesn't make sense to make someone a zone leader every two weeks. It will be a fun new responsibility. We get to give the new elders tours!

I am so grateful for the MTC. I am establishing good habits here that I'll keep my whole life! Such as study habits, scripture reading habits, manors, teaching habits, and goal setting habits. Goals are the best thing ever! They are how I show the Lord that I care about the time He has given me. And that I'm planning on using it ALL with purpose. The deeper my testimony gets, the more decisions it effects. I don't know if that makes sense to you? Basically, everyday I progress the smaller decisions in life mean more and more. It's not just, "am I doing what I need to do?' or " Am I clean?". I am beginning to realize how much time is wasted. I always have thougghts of, "is this the best thing for me to be doing right now?, "should I just stand hear and wait in line, or should I study vocab too?" "Can I say this joke and still be worthy to receive inspiration?" Even...."Can I think certain thoughts, and then still expect the Lord to bless me?".

The MTC has been a place of introspection, a place of polishing, a place of learning, and a place of SERVING! My investigators in the RC are coming along. One actually met with the missionaries and it is so exciting! The other woman is coming to gain a testimony of the BOM. I know it will bless her life. Thanks to all of you for everything.

I have few things to say to my blog readers specifically. SAL- I need your address in your next dearelder so I can reply! Camille, thanks for filling in for mom while she is in Israel. And good luck with the move. My comps said they would be glad to help you for a day.

Well, I am truly working as hard as I can here . Believe it or not I feel like my time hear is limited. There is SO much to learn! I know the is is the Lords work and I feel extremely blessed to be apart of it.

Love
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: