Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mina menen Suomeen ensina monontaina!

Terve!

It is a blizzard here at the MTC! AND on Sunday it was the most clear warm day we'd had all year. Haha I love Utah weather. But I'm sure there will be great things about the weather in Finland!!!! W.O.W. I'm leaving. It's almost a surprise! Haha

We leave the MTC at ten Monday morning. Then our flight leaves from SLC at 1:20 We fly to Denver, then Frankfurt, then to Helsinki!! We are all ecstatic. But at the same time working our selves to death, trying to get ready.

This week has been great! I'm passing my progressing investigators from the RC to our baby Fins. It was sad to say good bye. I never knew that I would care so much about people I've never seen. One of my investigators said she wants to write me in Finland. So...I gave her my address. I thought that was really cool. She is a neat lady and knows a lot!

Easter Sunday was really great. My Branch Pres. gave a great message about Christ and Charity. He said, "real manhood is selflessness." And the Savior was the ultimate man. I took some great notes from him. He has been an excellent teacher to me during the past 12 weeks. He is truly a Man of God.

On Sunday we also walked up to the temple. I really like to take temple walks. They help me to slow down, relax, and ponder. We ran into the native Finns right in front of the temple. I sat down with Eldste Heinola and we talked in Finnish for almost an hour. It was very basic Finnish but none the less I felt really good afterwards. We talked about his conversion and his family. We shared our testimonies with each other and it was a great experience for me.

Elder Holland came last night and gave a devotional. IT WAS AMAZING! I took so many notes and I wrote a ton in my journal. The biggest thing that I remember was the love that I felt from him. As he spoke I felt like it wasn't just his love but also the Saviors love for us missionaries. I am very grateful that I was able to hear him in person, especially on my last week! There is no one better!

Oh, family and friends, I can't thank you enough for your support. I am grateful to you for your letters, packages, toughts, and prayers. I feel the power behind you prayers. I know that God listens to your prayers and he DOES answer them. There is no way I could have gone through the MTC and learned as much as I have by myself. I ask for your continued support as I will still need it in Finland. ( Actually more )
I know more than I ever have that Christ lives! As Alma teaches he is our only means of salvation. I am so excited to invite everyone I meet with this happy message. This message of peace and warmth. Especially to the suomalinen.

I love you, I love you, I love you. I am the happiest I've ever been. Please don't worry about me! My next letter will be from the mission home in Helsinki.

All my love,

No comments: