This is the second to last time I'll be e-mailing from the MTC. Wow. It has gone by really fast. We get our travel plans on Thursday. So next week I'll let you know how I'm getting to Finland. The last group flew through Chicago and Frankfurt. I think that would be really neat because I'd be able to spend a few hours where Dad served his mission. I'm going to bring a German B.O.M. and see if I can hand it out there. I've been reading Dad's mission journal and its been a great experience. I actually live in the same building that he did!! Cool huh? :)
I'm so grateful that I've been born into a righteous family who has taught me well. During M. Russell Ballard's talk I couldn't help but be grateful for my parents wisdom. He talked about trusting you elders and those who have been where you've been. Mom and Dad, thank you for you council to me in High School. Thank you for all those times when you said something to me, or enforced a rule in order to teach me something. I am so grateful for your parenting skills and the courage you took to use them.
Just like I'm grateful for my parents council, I am grateful for the Lord's council that comes through His prophets!!!! Wasn't general conference amazing?!?! AHhhh I Loved it. I won't go into all the details about why, but I do have a story.
Last week in the RC I talked to this lady who wanted to order a "Lamb of God" DVD. Before I asked for her address, number,....all those things, I felt that I should just talk to her about Christ and why she wanted the DVD. Turns out she knew quite a bit about His life but it was all, if I can say, "scholarly" knowledge. It wasn't very spiritual. I taught her for about 35 minutes. I directed our conversation about Christ into the restoration and taught her about prophets. I kept finding more and more things about her that led to other gospel principles. One being she is in a wheel chair. She really had an interest so instead of a usual commitment of reading or praying I committed her to watch conf. (that is what I did with everyone last week.) SHE SAID SHE'D WATCH ALL FOUR SESSIONS!! I was amazed, most members don't do that, hahah. So we'll see if she continues to progress. I have some other people who are really interested right now too. It seems as though the Lord is sending them to me at the end right before I have to go. But that's o.k. The RC has been a really good experience for me in the MTC. They are also very successful since November they've had over 400 baptisms.
I saw Beau Frecklton in the Choir at conference. Way to be buddy! You're a stud. It sounded amazing. This whole conference just seemed to be on a new spiritual level.
MOM, thank you SO much for the package. Those thermals are amazing!!!!! I took some pictures that I'll send to you, ;)
The Finns just said they saw Elder Jones, I'm going to get that hug I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment