Friday, April 24, 2009

Terve,

I'm finally in Finland! It is such a great learning environment here. In the MTC there were only five people to talk to that knew Finnish. Or so we taught. :) but now EVERYONE does!!! In fact, I can't even understand them. Haha Wow! I've just realized that it's all about taking baby steps. Right now it looks like what is in front of me is impossible. But I know in whom I have trusted. And I have a firm faith that the Lord will qualify me to do his work. Even though right now about the only thing I can do is smile and wave.

Our journey over was good, We almost missed our last connection because the terminal had been switched, but luckily we made the flight. The mission president and his wife are amazing, They are so great! My new companion is Vanhin Bryant and we are in Tampere! The *chosen City*! It's going to be really fun because it's his first time being senior companion, and he's training, and we were shotguned into a new city, and he is now the district leader! Wow, he has a big load on his shoulders! I'm trying to help as much as I can. I know we can do it. He is a cowboy from Wyoming, Evenston area.

Yesterday we had four teaches. It was a big day. The first teach I taught about prayer and how it has two parts, praying and then doing. Then Elder Bryant talked about prophets. So it was about half and half. Each teach I contributed less and less until the last teach I didn't say a word. It was so hard for me to even pick out words from this lady. But apparently it went well. She wants to get baptized and already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

All is going well. I just have to take things one day at a time. Sometimes a little less than that...:) This is a great experience for me. And I believe that it'll just get better and better.

Rakaudella,

No comments: