Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Terve

We are still working hard here in Tampere. We did a TON of trackting this week. And a lot of it was in student housing. We ended up teaching more in English then in Finnish. We met people from Turkey, Spain, Mexico, Russia, Wales, Africa... It was fun. It's kinda crazy how we all spoke different lang. but English is what brought us all together. I'm glad I know English as well as I do(which I guess isn't so well but, hey, life goes on.) It was also interesting to start speaking Finnish and then have someone respond saying, 'I have no clue what your saying'. I just laugh because
that's what I would have said two months ago AND it's probably what a lot of the Finns want to say to me too. HAHA

Leila is coming along slowly. We extended the baptismal commitment to her again and she said it was really soon but she'd pray about it. She is still worried too much about things 'working out'. We are trying to teach her that the Lord provides ways for us to do what he has commanded. She really needs to come to church too! We are seeking inspiration on how to get her there, we are trying everything. I know the Lord will help us.

Our other investigator we're thinking about dropping. Although she enjoys our teaches, She doesn't really have a desire to know if the church is true. I know the Lord will bless us with a new one...or TWO!!! Missionary work rocks. I love it.

This week we went to home teach a part member family. When we got there the member told us that his wife would be sitting in too AND her friend who was there for the day, AND they wanted to hear the first lesson! YES!! How stellar is that. The visitor didn't really take up an interest but Eric's wife started asking questions about after life. We ended up telling her that because they weren't married in the temple by the priesthood of God that their marriage wouldn't last. It was BOLD, but powerful. Hopefully she will soften and think about it some more. And let the spirit teach her.

Last thing. Our stake president Jouttenus is amazing. He taught in sacrament meeting on Sunday with SO much power. It just shook all the members, and guess what he talked about?....MISSIONARY WORK! YES! He called Elder Bryant out of the congregation to bear his testimony about why he's on a mission. He did a nice job. Then Pres. J. told the members that there are 'many many people here in Tampere, we just need to find them'. Oh...I was so happy. The spirit was so strong!

Guess what, today one of the members might hook us up with tickets to go pet dolphins or something like that?...cool? Just what you want to do in Finland right? haha It should be way fun though.

It sounds like you had a great time in Washington DC. I love that place!!! Have fun Ant and Sharon. Mom, I like the facebook stories, haha, they're the best. I bet you could find some entertaining things on there. Hey, I'm sending PICTURES!


LOVE YOU ALL,
Rakaudella,



The road to church. Pyharanta or Spirit Road - the church is right next to Pyharanta or Spirit Lake. Love it.

Going to Vaasa via the Train.

Near the public sauna - all the lakes have boats like this.

Digging a hole for our service

Our kitchen table.



The North Zone



Sometimes we eat on the "parveke" deck.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the picutes he shared. It is fun to see what different things they write.