
Elder Quinn and Bryant at Zone Conference in Turku
May 2009 In front of Tuomio Kirkko
Terve!
Greeting from Finland! The work continues to go forth here in the beautiful country of Finland. Oh and is it beautiful! I had planned to study on the train ride to Vaasa but I found myself just staring out the window half the time. Everyday either Elder Bryant or I say, 'Suomi on tosi kaunis', or 'Finland is so beautiful'. It almost reminds me of Idaho because there are farms everywhere, and if it isn't a field it is dense pine trees as far as you can see. Even in the Tampere there are tons of parks, puistot. But yes enough of that. haha
What about the work? Last night we trakted into this woman that seemed really ready to hear about the gospel. She answered the door with a baby in her arms....and so we taught briefly about the possibility of eternal families then asked her what it would mean to her if she could live with her family for eternity . She said it would mean a lot to her. Then we testified to her and got a return appointment. The whole time she just felt different. We walked away and I said to elder Bryant, 'She just seemed.....pure'. I'm really excited to see where this goes. She may be an answer to our prayers. We have been praying so hard to meet the elect. It is a huge focus for us to find those who are ready instead of using our time with those who aren't. Please keep praying for us to meet 'Those whom the Lord has prepared'.
This week we went to Zone Conference; it was so inspiring. It was an entire day. The office elders did a presentation on apartments and cars, things like that that needed to be addressed. Then the Assistants taught us, then the zone leaders. And for usually an hour in between each of those President spoke for about an hour. haha I hope that made sense. All together president spoke over four hours! And I loved every second of it! He is such a good teacher. A few times I totally forgot where I was because I was so into his teach. AHh, I came out of that day with lots to work on, but also lots to motivate me.
We also did splits with Vaasa, they just had a baptism on Saturday! It was a Chinese man who studies here. But he's going back to china in a month. He has a rock solid testimony. I think he could be a future leader in China when the church opens up there.
Alright your letter, it's great to hear about everyone. This was a good letter. Put lots of smiles on my face! :) I'm glad everyone is doing so great. Yes Elder Stewart is here but he's in the south zone so I haven't met him yet. And yes we really only have fifty one Elders! It's the lowest amount of people that have ever been in Finland but at the same time we have the highest number of baptisms that Finland has ever had! We are on the edge of a big turn around here in Finland! I'm so glad I've come at the time I've come.
Mom you're right, leadership is all about helping other people become better. And you can't lead unless you can follow. Right now I'm trying to be a follower of Christ. And in doing so I am leading-helping others to do the same. And in turn helping them to become better.
I want all of you to know that I have a bright smile on my face with a determination to go forward, always improving. I am working as hard as I can. I'm the happiest I could ever be right now. And it's because I know I'm doing what is expected of me. I know that this gospel contains all we need to be happy. If we had nothing else, no motorcycles, boats, computers, checkbooks, cars, we could still have all the joy that our father in heaven can give us.
Rakaudella,
Vanhin Quinn

P.S. we can listen to classical music!!!! Please send me everything you have ASAP. On CD would be great.
Also, mom and dad D&C 84:90 You reward is great!!!!! You've done all three for me and more. look at reward and context of verse.
I love love love love love all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment