Monday, June 15, 2009

Dear Family,

I just got back from grocery shopping for the week. I love buying my own food. There are so many new things to try here. I have to pace myself. I usually try to try one or two new things a week. Anymore than that and it gets too expensive. This week I bought a chocolate bar with cream toffee chucks in it (made in Finland) and some ballerina cookies with a chocolate nougat filling. YUM I’m excited! Then I also bought this pea soup,….looking stuff. We had it at a member’s house and it was good.

The work. Leila, our 70-year-old investigator still hasn’t set a baptismal date because she has a surgery coming up on her wrist. So we go and teach her two a week. The stake president just asked all the missionaries to visit member’s homes and teach them more often. So we will probably have three or four of those a week. Then we always tracked 6-8 pm at night. And for the rest of the day we contact!:) It’s a simple and happy life once you can get over your personal wants and desires. Like Jesus Christ said, “I came to the earth to do my Fathers will’. 3 Nephi 27:13, 27:27. If He put all His desires to the side to do what God wanted, then I should do the same. I am not here in Finland or on this earth to satisfy by own desires. I am here to do the Father’s will, and that is to return back to him and receive a perfect eternal body and to have eternal increase.
I’m so grateful for the family I’ve been blessed with here on earth. I have been able to learn so much from you. And now the knowledge that I gained in my youth I’m trying to share with others.

I love you! We are pressing forward with full faith in Christ.

Radaudella, Vanhin

No comments: