Monday, June 8, 2009

Me saimme palijon vetta talla vikolla!

Terve,

The work continues in Finland! This week was full of finding, and it was finding in the rain! The weather hasn't been the best, but that didn't slow us down. We are going, going, going. I wish the investigators would be coming, coming, coming. :) I know that all is in the Lords hands if we do our part, which we are.

It was a pretty tiring week, but that didn't stop us from having fun. Thursday night Elder Bryant got out his laso and taught me how to rope. It was a riot!

Yesterday in church was a lot better than last week. I understood almost all the testimionies. I hope that now I can understand better I'll be able to construct my own sentences better. I've learned the phrase, 'pico hilja' which means little by little. :) The Lord helps us so much in life!

This week we got a new Zone Leader, Elder Nikiforov, he is from Vyborg Russia. He is so great! Humble, hard working, OBEDIENT, and just really genuine. I'm really excited to learn from him.

I want to thank all of you who take the time to write me. I really appritiate it, I know it's inconvenient, but it can be a great support. Following up on that, Tiffany, you wanted to know foods I like. I've been waiting for you to ask that... -The CANDY!! their licorice fanatics over here! - Riisi Pirakka (Rice pie) - Rubarb Pie - SOOOO GOOD! Any of their breads- There are so many different breads here and I haven't found one I don't like. Sweet bread, or rugular. Their sweet bread is called pulla bread. - also they have these rye....crackers?...but harder, called hapankorppu, you eat it with cheese and ham on top it's really good with mustard. OH...their mustards are really good and spicy!!!! Because they eat it on their makkara or sausage things. Which is the next thing. They have the biggest meat isle in the grogery store I've ever seen! What I like to eat is a little toasted piece of bread with butter, a slice of cheese and cucumbers, or pickles. YUM! Can you believe it MOM, Elder Quinn likes cucumbers!! - Most of the time when members feed us it is rice with some kind of sauce. Very typycal Finnish.

Camille and Tiff, your babies are adorable. I wish I could hold them. Soon enough. Teach them the gospel, then when I get back I'll quiz them and see how well you've done. :) Yesterday I opened my journal and realized it's been a year since I graduated!!!!! WHAT!!! Where did the time go?????!!! D3 is a sun vitamin that we should be taking. Tiff and dad as teachers, love it! I reccomend 'A teacher come from God' by Holland. PLEASE read it! Way good. !!!!!

I'm sorry this letter is so random this week. That's something I need to work on. Next week I'll commit to writing a letter that doesn't make your head hurt. :) Wow, I'm tired now. Much love bursting from Finland to you ----> Rakaudella, Elder Quinn













I am posting some of Elder Bryants, (Dallin's companion) email to his mom this week. It gives a little more perspective on what they are doing.

we heard bout the Swine Flu at the MTC cuz it means none of our new greenies will be here for another 2 weeks (they shoulda been here last wednesday)! kinda screwed some cities up here, but that's to be expected in a small mission i guess.So mom you asked if Tampere was an "Affluent" city......well i would answer if i knew what affluent meant....go easy on me now! any big words i thought i knew in english have all been erased from my brain, i jus don't need em in finnish lol this finnish speakin has really takin it's toll on the ol' english ability.....now i can't explain myself at all....in EITHER language haha at least that's how it feels some days lol Good to hear that Quinn has some good to say bout my finnish, i hope i been helpin him n not hurtin him...good to know.speakin o which....he said i woke him up the other night cuz i was yellin n tryin to teach someone about prayer in finnish while i was asleep ha ha i wish i coulda remembered it though!another random one this week too.....we got on the subject of ropin and brandin cows somehow one night and he was amazed that i knew how to rope (not when compared to a martin, but you know what i mean...) he said he always wanted to know how...and so i was like "well you wouldn't believe what i got in that suitcase then....a rope" ha ha so we had a half hour roping session before bedtime, don't worry i took pics ha ha habut anywho.....on to more spiritual things....Leila is still doing well, she has a fairly strong testimony...jus not strong enough to set a baptismal date before this darn surgeory is over, we still don't have a definite date on the surgeory. Kinda frustrating i won't lie, plus she still is making excuses on not coming to church. we have a sätellite broadcast stake conference from SLC this sunday so hopefully she could come to that.other than that we ain't got many regular investigators that we meet with, pretty slow and lazy finnish summer!! nobody is home long enough to meet up with us more than once every other week it seems, but we roll with it.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It is soooo nice to have both letters to help get the whole picture. I hope they don't have any nicknacs in their apartment. Roping can be kind of hard on them:)