Monday, September 28, 2009

North Zone Conference

Zone Conference a week ago in Turku, Finland. I thought you'd enjoy them.

O.k. quick tender mercy of the Lord.....MOM said she was going to send me a package and I really hoped it would be there at zone conference because the office elders bring all the packages. It's too expensive to send them by mail. So if it wasn't there I'd have to wait a whole other change to get it! Well we got to conference and it wasn't there. :( OHhhhhh. But the next day one of the couple missionaries came to conference and they had stopped by the office on their way. My package had just arrived when they were there so they brought it with them. So they showed up to conference the next day with the package. Yeah!! :) The Lord loves us and really does things for us to make us happy. Even the things that don't really effect our salvation. May we always notice them and thank him.
Love, Your son* Vanhin Quinn

*N8- you bro.

Terve!

What an exciting time! Conference is coming up. We just had a baptism. And we are doing even more work than ever.

Saturday was Seija's baptism. We are so happy for her. She has really started to become a part of the ward family. It's funny when we can go and teach her and she knows more about the ward activities than we do. :) We are excited to see her grow more and more in her knowledge of the Savior and His gospel. On Sunday when she got the Gift of the Holy Ghost the Branch councilor said some really neat things.

I'm so glad to be here in Pori at this time. Seija's baptism wasn't just a random thing. The Lord had prepared her and he is preparing many more, in Pori, in Finland, and all around the world. This gospel is for EVERYONE! This little branch in Pori needs more members. And to look at it the other way, there are LOTS of people here in Pori who are ready to be members!

We pray for the members here in Pori to take courage and talk to their friends about the gospel. We pray that they will be directed by the spirit. We pray that they will not only think about missionary work among their friends, but also among the new people they meet.

Take a second and think, I bet the missionaries in your area are praying for the same thing. What are you doing to help God answer their prayers? Our prayers? Trust me, I know it can be hard to talk about the gospel with people, I do it everyday. But I also know that great feeling that comes after we have extended a loving invitation to church. Or had a great teach at the church with a member and their friend.

This gospel is true. Everyone who sincerely lives it WILL receive more peace and confidence in this life and incomprehensible blessings in the life to come.

I love you all, and the people of Finland, and the Lord. That is why I'm here helping others come unto Christ. I pray that you can all find your daily, weekly, monthly.....etc., part in this work. The joy that comes from sharing the gospel with others is so much better than any other joy I've experienced in my life.

Happy trails,







Vanhin Quinn
P.S. Finnish blueberry pie is the best thing 2nd to sharing the gospel. :)


No comments: