Monday, September 21, 2009

Vaarna Konferensi!


Terve,


It feels like I was just writing an email to you two days ago. This week has gone by super fast! Lots of things are going well. Seija is still on course to get baptized. She really loves the gospel. We had an amazing teach with one of the new members here, Raimo. I’ll have to tell you about it later. Raimo has a great story….but its way long!


We haven’t been able to meet with Liberty, another new member, and her friend yet because they live kind of far away and the times didn’t work out. But this week is conference in Turku and so we will be able to meet with them on the way.


Oh yeah, This week has also gone by fast because we left Pori for two days. We went on splits in Rauma for a day and we also had a district meeting in Turku. They were both great. It’s kind of weird to be driving as a missionary. That’s one thing I never thought about before the mission. Mckay, you better practice driving stick!!!! 


The leaves are just starting to change here as well. I’m excited to see the seasons change. These next few weeks we are going to do a ton of finding work before it gets really cold and not a lot of people are on the streets. That way we can get people to teach through the winter.


I’m trying to think of a story from this week……… We had ward conference on Sunday. It was cool because a ton of stake leaders were there. I saw a lot of familiar faces from Tampere, including the stake President, Joutenus. He is stellar! So driven. It was funny the ratio of stake leaders to members in Sacrament meeting was probably 1:2 I got to say the closing prayer. I was super nervous about it. The spirit was super strong in the meeting. They talked about going and finding the less actives and bringing them back.


I love you all! Have a great week. I'M SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! Elder Quinn


No comments: