Monday, November 2, 2009

Rakkaus meren toiselta puolelta!

Terve!
Elder Nielsen and I are alive and well. We figured out this week that if you add the months of our missions together we are the youngest companionship in the mission. We've recieved so much help from the Lord. There is no way we can even imagine doing this work by ourselves.
We are super excited for this next week. One of our best investigators is comming back from vacation. Sometimes that can be a devistating thing, but we have full faith that she will still be interested when she comes back because this gospel is SO true.
We are also looking forward to the spiritual feast of Zone Conference in Turku. Every zone conference just gets better and better. Last conference I got so many great and inspiring thoughts and this one I know will be even better.
We've been recieving a good amount of phone numbers this week despite the fact that our finding were low. It's amazing that the Lord can really put people in our paths! Since we've been teaching so much I was getting worried about where we were going to get an inflow of investigators. We used to contact about 12-18 hrs a week, and teach 3-6 times. Now we are contacting 5-10 hrs a week and teaching 15-20 times a week.
This is what president told us to do, we've done it, and it is amazing to see the blessings that have come from it. I know it's from the lord because it works. We are now recieving twice as many contacts as we were before! It doesn't make since if you just look at the numbers, but if you use your faith, it makes a lot of since. I know the Lord leads our lives for our good!
The Pori branch is so small that the last month the missionaries have participated in sacratment meeting every week. Yep, even fresh Elder Nielsen has been at the pulpit. :) THREE times!! He's great.
Last week I went to Language school round two. It was really really productive. The format was such that we all taught each other the language. It helped us 1. become better at the language and 2. become better teachers of the language. I really liked it. Plus we got to go to 'the sink' again. (Helsinki)
I got the candy package, thanks. I gave a lot of it to a boy in our ward. He was super excited. (american candy) His mom is a dentist....oh no!!! :)
I love you all! Dad I've been reading your journal and it is amazing. There are so many things that I've never ever known about you. Thank you for allowing me to read it. I feel that it has really deepend my love for you. I can't express in words how preacious your memories and experiences are to me. Thank you. There are times when I wish you were here so I could ask you about things. But hei, that'll come after the mission. Have fun and stay true! Rakkaudella,

No comments: