Tuesday, November 24, 2009

savuin turvallisesti!


But hei,
Now I’ve been in DOWN TOWN, Helsinki for a few days. I’m just barely starting to get my barrings straight. I’m so glad that Elder Burt and I have Elder Little, he is teaching us the ropes of the city and investigators, and ward. Yeah, huge blessing that he’s here for three weeks. Tomorrow is my first district meeting, wish me luck! I’ve prepared a message about having your heart in the right place, and also about service, and how through good acts we can find people to teach. I’m going to use an example from Elder Brothers letter I got a few months ago.
Serving in ‘The Sink’ is VERY different. There are people everywhere! So you have to choose who you want to talk to, it’s nice. But also, it can be hard because it can get so busy that it’s hard to stop and talk to people at all. Overall I really like it. Just think of the potential that is in this city! WOW. I hope I can be the tool that Heavenly Father wants me to be here.
I’m amazed at how clean the city is. All the streets are so beautiful and spotless. But They call in the sink because it has some bad worldly ads and stuff. But hey, life goes on, we have necks and eyelids for a reason. 
O.K. The ward is full of young people. It’s really nice. So we can always get someone to come on a teach. They also have institute every week and family night. It is a great tool for us to use. We invite people to institute all the time. Tonight we are going to teach at institute with the Zone Leaders. We are teaching them all how to introduce the BOM to their friends, or how to start conversation about the BOM. Then we will role play with them. I’m excited.
Thanks for all of your prayers! Keep praying for the elect people and for us to have the gift of tongues. It really helps.
P.S. my greenie Burt rocks at the lang!!!!! It’s impressive. They have a new program at the MTC that must be really effective. Love you all, Veli Quinns I’m going to buy a hat and scarf today. It’s NEEDED! The merituuli, sea wind, is bad here. Tell BEN congrats, or onneksi olkoon.  He’ll do great. I’ll look for a Christmas ornament. Too bad you didn’t say that last week. I could have given it to Christina. But don’t worry, I gave her something else to take to you guys. OH! Iäm excited!!!!!!!!! Enjoy thanksgiving. There is an American family here that’s having us over for turkey. We had to special order it.! YUMMMM

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds great! Clint is in Helsinki too as the AP. They should get to spend some time together.