Monday, January 11, 2010

varakopio

Terve!

Our district meeting went splendidly well! President taught about faith and obedience. No surprise.  He talked about the bringing about of miracles. He said that this year is the ‘year of change’ in Finland. It was a really powerful and motivating meeting. Sometimes we are already doing the right things, we just need to decide to do them with faith. We read a talk from last conference about faith and it was great!
Yeah, I visited the temple! It was so great. I waited SO long to go. I hope I never go that long again ever in my life without visiting the temple. It is such a blessed place. We really can gain power from being there. There was one positive thing that came from me not being able to go for a while…. I was able to do it for the first time and understand it all in Finnish. A lot of missionaries have the chance to go to the temple early in their mission. And the have to use headset translators. I don’t know why but it took me almost six months to get the chance. But because of that I was able to go for my first time without translators. It was really neat. Almost like I was going for my very first time again, because everything was said in a new way.
This week we are going on splits twice. Once with the zone leaders and once with Elder May and his companion!  I’m excited. Elder May is in the district now….YES! He is full of faith, just what we need.
Oh, this week in church I translated for a Dutchman that was here. Wow, understanding and translating are two entirely different things. I found it challenging, but in the end he said he felt like he was able to be a part of the lesson and feel the spirit.
Today we are going to the Police station. I’m going to start working on getting a drivers license. I’m excited for that. Did you know that a European Drivers license last for fifty years! I can came back with my kids some day and it will still be valid. haha
Well that’s about it for this week. We are working a lot with less actives and members now a days. I really like it. It’s amazing to see members take the leap of faith and share the gospel with their friends. We are in the process of challenging all the members to make their own mission plan. In which is a name (or names), a goal of action, and a date by when it should be completed. I must say, it is soooooo beautiful here right now. The moisture in the air is freezing to the trees and it is unlike anything I’ve seen before. Every branch is delicately laced with frost it is so pretty. O.K. something else cool. We take a 15 min. ferry ride to a new members house. She lives on an island that is off the coast of Helsinki. Way cool! now in this freezing cold weather the ocean has frozen. And so when the boat goes we just plow straight through the ice. It’s unreal. It looks like someone could be running on the ice right along side us. It almost doesn’t even feel like we’re in a boat. 
I love you all,

Vanhin Quinn

Hey mom, how long do you have to bake potatoes in the oven?


No comments: