Monday, February 8, 2010

Perheeni on rakas



Terve!
Wow, lots to write about! We had three investigators, Timo and Anja, Heli, in church on Sunday which was awesome! Especially since it was sacrament testimony meeting. Then right after church we met with our Latvian investiagor, Janis, in the metro and took him to the church to teach him with a member who actually speaks a language he understands more. haha It was fun meeting him and having a tiny conversation with the few words that he does know. It’s amazing how much communication happens without words…..
Anyway Heli is SOOO great, she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting and it was incredible. She was very grateful to the ward members and then she told about how happy she’s been lately and how she’s never ever felt so close to God before in her life. Please pray for her. I can’t imagine the amount of courage it takes to tell your family that you are going to join another church.
Oh, life is full of great things here in central Helsinki. There are so many good things happening right now in this ward. I LOVE it! However, I have been called to serve in another ward about 20 minutes west of where I am now. It’s a place called Espoo. There I’ll be serving with Elder Nikiforov. I bet you can guess where he’s from, Yeah. And what his mother tongue is.
I am incredibly excited, I’ve wanted to serve with Elder Nikiforov my whole mission. I first met him in Tampere when he was my Zone Leader. We will be the Helsinki zone leaders, and I have the added responsibility of being the Mission Language Coordinator,(teach language school twice a change and also administer the mission language test).
I didn’t expect any of this. I thought I’d stay right there in Helsinki for a long time. But the Lord wants me in this new spot, so I’ll do it. I’m going to miss doing work with Elder Burt in the big city, and my district. This new area is a more residential type place and we will have a car. So the work will be a lot different, No more talking to hundreds of people a day in trams, trains, buses, metros, and such.
Next week I’ll be able to write you about the new area, I don’t know a whole lot.
Oh, I’ll be living with Elder Horne and Elder May! That will be way cool too. MTC companions reunite!
O.K. good to hear you finally met with Christina and you got your Christmas stuff. haha
Everything is going well here. No sickness, or broken clothes. I’m getting by. I want to endure until summer. Then maybe I’ll get a pair of pants or something.
Love you. Pray for the work. Thanks for all the support and 1 year mark letters. haha Some were surprising. I didn’t expect them all. I thought, ‘WOW people still remember me or even know who I am.’
Have fun travelling this week. Spend some quality time with the baby for me.
Yes I got Ants package. I just actually mailed the thank you card. I must say, it was a very very good package. 2 things, PB and a Nalgene. YES!
Pitäkää lippu korkealla,
Vanhin Quinn



No comments: