Tuesday, February 2, 2010

rakas perheeni

Terve,
Oi perheeni! It’s been another great week in Helsinki. I’m writing now because I couldn't’t get a computer on Monday. But hey, it’s all good.
I don’t know why but I’m just so filled with joy and excitement right now. I can’t tell you all how awesome this gospel is. And how true it is that we need our Heavenly Father.
We were walking along the coast today and we talked to this lady who thought she had everything figured out in life. As we walked away I thought, it is a blessing to know that I have a Heavenly Father whom I can always rely on.
This week we went back to someone who was interested when we were trackting. His name is Janis. We’ve taught him twice now. Well…we haven’t taught him vaan the member we brought along taught him. He is from Latvia and only speaks Russian and Latvian. But he is progressing and wants to come to the church. Haha Heavenly Father always throws things at you that you don’t expect. But hey it’s great, we’re rollin’ with it. Janis’s birthday is the fourth so we are going to give him a Russian *proclamation to the world* for a gift. Hopefully it all goes thru. I’m so grateful that Heavenly Father has given us yet another person to teach. Janis is a great guy. Get this. The conditions in Latvia right now are so bad that he came to Finland to get work. And if that’s not enough for you guess what his job is. He is a midnight shift janitor. Wow, humbling. We are SOOOOOOOOO blessed. My prayer is that I can be humble enough to always realize it and help others.
We as humans are incredibly selfish. I can’t believe it. When you look at Christ and how he acted… wow ok. I’m not even going to go into that….
o.k. what else…The ward is becoming more and more missionary oriented, it’s a dream come true. Our bishopric just introduced the new ward mission plan. It is sweet. It has very practical applications and its personal to all situations.
Pres. Hinckley has a great quote about people being prepared to hear the gospel. They could be our neighbor, friend, or someone we just met yesterday.
It’s so true. Then he says that we need to pray, like Paul did, for the courage to open our mouths, talk about the gospel, and find that person.
Even Paul had to pray for courage.! Prayer is our key to heavenly help in all we do.
This gospel really is for everyone, and the Lord is preparing people all over the world! Let’s pray for help and then go find them.
I love you all! Even If I’ve never met you before. Thanks for the support,
Vanhin Quinn







ps mom I’m going to the temple tomorrow! 
Love you a hundred times

No comments: