On St Patrick's Day I received a call from Dallin's mission president, President Brown. He wanted to tell me what a great son we have and what an awesome job he is doing. He said he is loosing his seasoned missionaries and Dallin has really stepped up to all his new responsibilities.
Elder Rasband and Perry had been there and prophesied that there was going to be an awaking in Europe. He told me 18 months ago his missionaries averaged one investigator per companionship every ten months (that is some tough missionary work), that was 20 investigators a month for the entire mission. He said in January they had 160 investigators that month for the mission. When Pres. Uchtdorf was in Frankfurt two weeks ago he said that awaking is here. You can see that from Dallin's letter - four investigators this week! No wonder Dallin is so excited and busy. They increased the number of missionaries serving in their mission and that is why Dallin has had to take on such responsibility and training.
I thanked him and his wife and said Dallin was having a wonderful experience, but that we wouldn't know it if he wasn't because Dallin is an optimist. He chuckled and said that was a trait of a true leader. I asked him to give Dallin a hug from us. It is such a blessing to have worthy sons and daughters called to spread the wonderful message of Easter.
Special thanks to all of you for your faith, love, prayers, and letters. Dallin is truly seeing the blessings of your faith and prayers. May the Lords blessings be in abundance in your life this Easter season.
xoxo Valine
ps Patriarch Schank was telling Paul after the Saturday evening session of stake conference that Pres. Uchtdorf had just been at their home for dinner and was asking how 'his boys' were doing. I guess Dallin had better be working hard since the first presidency is checking up on him. (Our patriarch and Pres. Uchtdorf grew up together in Germany) Story of Dallin and his friends meeting Pres. Uchtdorf at Patriarch Schanks birthday party found on Dallin's blog.
Terve!
No this week hasn't slowed down much. :) We've got work coming out of our ears! That's what happens when you live in a country full of elect people. I must start off by saying we are all soooooo happy right now. Last night we got a call from one of our district leaders saying that one of their investigators wants to get baptized tomorrow! haha. This woman, although she is young, has already had a pretty tough life. She started investigating over a year ago and going thru a divorce at the same time. She comes to church regularly but hasn't ever felt ready to be baptized. She called Elder Avey and said, it's time...this week. So this morning we had an interview and tomorrow she'll be baptized.
Mom, I'm so glad president called you and you had a chance to talk and also hear about the mission. This really is a time I'll never forget. I feel so much love for our missionaries, investigators, members, and YOU! Also I know that something is happening in Europe. It's incredible to be here at this time. Tell Ben he is one luck missionary to be coming here and that the Lord is expecting a lot out of him.
O.K. this week we got 4 new investigators! Wow, I don't even have time to write it all down. So you'll just have to trust in my journal writing skills. :) But I'll tell you the best. !!!! I am smiling huge right now!!!!! We were walking on the street when we found Satu R. She is nine months pregnant and we were surprised she had walked 45 minutes already from her home. As you could guess we talked with her about how the gospel helps us raise children with right principles. Anyway, she was right of the bat open to us coming to her house. We went with a member (Sister Nuutinen, who has six children) and Satu just opened up to her. Told her everything, she's in a though spot right now. She has family in the USA but she can't see them...etc. She told us she wants her little girl to believe in God and Jesus Christ and have a safe home. We have taught her now three times and, wow, she is ready for this gospel. haha It's kind of hard to teach her (you could imagine being over due and first hearing about the gospel) so we haven't taught lots of new things. But she is already planning on coming to church in two weeks. She invited us to come to the hospital with Sister Nuutinen after the baby is born. We are thinking we'll go with the whole family and flowers and sing to her primary songs. :)
Our other investigators are awesome. Teppo invited us to go swimming in the ice water and then have brunch at his house. We, of course, didn't swim but he and his fellow shipper did. We have videos :) Then we ate soup and it shifted beautifully into a great teach about the BOM. He is now reading daily. I am so grateful for the chance to be here in the Lords work. Miracles truly happen.
Mom, I hope your cough gets better. Luckily I've been healthy my whole mission so far,(say an extra prayer).. If You see Patriarch Schank tell him 'gluten tak' and if he has the chance....the same to pres. Uchtdorf. :) I love Patriarch, he is a great example.
Um....we haven't found time to do camera stuff, maybe today.
Oh yes, also we have a Finnish Elder living with us for three days.! fun
Love you all,
Vanhin Quinn <3
No comments:
Post a Comment