Monday, March 29, 2010

Terve!
Well....It has been a great week. Diana's baptism went well. We weren't there but we saw her on Sunday. She is great. Also on Sunday the man that got baptized a few weeks ago, Vahur, got the Aaronic Priesthood. We are so excited for him. Next Sunday he'll bless the sacrament.
I love the ward I'm serving in right now! On Sunday three members had friends in church, total we had five visitors. You better believe we were busy getting to all of them. :)
Sunday afternoon we participated in a Easter concert. Elder Nikiforov and I sang with the ward choir two songs and there were various other groups who sang. It was a very touching program and many members brought their friends to it as well.
Cool story. Two ladies were walking along the street and saw our church. They have been recently searching for other churches. They decided to go in and take a look. On a normal Sunday afternoon it would have already been locked. But yesterday we had the Easter concert. They walked into the church right as the concert was starting! WOW, the Lords hand was in that! They sat and enjoyed the concert and then after words the member that sat with them came running to us. Elders Elders come tell these ladies where they are. They don't even know what church they're in. :) We talked with them and they want to learn more. We are calling them to set up an appointment today. It was a miracle how they came exactly on the day when we had a concert. I'm excited to see how everything goes with them.
Satu, another investigator, had her baby this week. We went to see the two of them with Sister Nuutinen and (this is crazy) another investigator who lives in the same building as her. We sang to them. oh... the baby is so cute. Her name is Amilia. Satu said she's going to try to came to church next Sunday. I don't know how I feel about that...don't you usually wait a few weeks to bring a new baby to church?.... ah....they're Finns, they can tough out anything. Finn's actually, in the winter, put their babies out on the deck to nap. CRAZY. haha
o.k. Mom, don't have too much fun at that mission mom party.
And yeah! You get pictures. Thank Elder Nikiforov. Too bad you can't talk to his mom, there is kind of a language barrier there. :)
Oh, did I tell you, we were at the temple dropping off some missionaries from Russia that were with us why their visa's were being renewed and we saw Elder Nikiforov's dad. haha
Talk to you after YLEISKONFERENSSI!
Vanhin Quinn

No comments: