Monday, April 19, 2010


Terve!

Hyvää Syntymäpäivää to Dad and Mckay. :) I love you two.

Mom, thank you for always writing spiritual things. Your words last time about the Holy Ghost are absolutely true. In fact this morning at nine o'clock we talked about the Gift of the Holy Ghost with T___ because he is going to receive it on Sunday!

Thanks to the Holy Ghost he knows that what we've taught him is true. He is getting baptized Sun. @ 11 o'clock in Lohja's Lake. It's been amazing to meet with him quite alot this last week to get all the necessary things in before baptism. He has a great faith in Christ. Because of that he has accepted everything else so easily. He lives by himself in an apartment building and has many fun hobbies. He is a wonderful singer, he has lots of schooling, and he swims in holes in the ice during the winter. He has truly become a friend thru this process. I'm pretty sure he knows English too, so if you want to write him a note feel free to. He would love it.

In church yesterday we had T____. S____ didn't come because she moved to Helsinki. I'm excited for her though, she will love the ward there.

Saturday was a wonderful day. We left the aptartment early to fetch V____, who got baptized this year, then we drove an hour to where his brothers family lives on the coast. Beautiful! We taught them and they were very interested. They are from Estonia so the teach started in Finnish, drifted into English and sometimes was in a third language that I can hardly understand. :)

The gospel goes forward! They are not religious at all, so even faith in God is a new thing for them. We had a great time. Hopefully we can go back some day.
The only problem is it's almost two hours from our house. eek! Oh, but I don't have an sd card for my camera. So we will have to get Elder Nikiforov's pictures from a lot of stuff.

Then after that we had our last teach with S___. She said she likes the gospel and wants to make sure she lives by its principles. YES! She is happy that she's found the truth for herself and her new baby Amilia.:)

After that we drove out into the boonies to teach Sister B___'s friends. We had an appointment but they were not home. God still had a purpose for us to be there. We prayed and decided to go to an acquaintance of hers instead. He was home and let us in! Well...kind of 'in'. He is in the middle of building his own house on a lake front. WOW driving there I never thought I'd be in such a place on my mission. We were almost four wheeling. :) No complaints there.

This man is an American and has served in the Marines. He has lived all over the world; Japan, Brazil, Iraq, Russia... He has a Finnish wife and they are just building their own house to settle down. He was very friendly and said we could bring a Book of Mormon to him. He's never heard of it before. We're excited to see what comes of it. I'm so grateful for the missionary members we have. This lady that we were with used to, armed with Book of Mormons, ride her horse out to the ice fishers on the lake and preach to them. Bless her heart!

OK, after that we went back to her house and helped her husband chop wood for 2 hours in the rain! It was so fun. He is an Irish man and has lived here with his wife for years. He was teaching us many things about nature. Afterwards we were saved by the warmth of the fire in there cabin. This man is less active and we were able to speak with him openly because the spirit was so strong. I pray that he will come back to church and live in a way so that he can be with his 'one in a million' wife forever! ihana

After all that we were dead and drove home. What a day. I felt like Ammon, only after he served the king came the right opportunity to teach.

Oh, family I love you! The Lord has blessed me with such great examples. I'm trying to learn my best while I'm in Finland in the Lords work. Please pray for us to speak the language and have the divine companionship of the Holy Ghost. Also pray for those who don't have the gospel yet, especially T____.
Love you,

Vanhin Quinn

;)

No comments: