Monday, April 12, 2010

Terve!

Oh family, It's been a wonderful warm week. The snow is melting quickly. It's funny, suddenly I'm enjoying being outside.

I need to write about the week!

I want to tell you about Sunday. Sunday T____ and S___ came to church; oh, and S___'s baby. T___ even gave S____ and A___ a ride. They both enjoyed it. T___ has been one time before but it was S___'s first time. Many people talked with them I think they felt very welcome.

T___is the man. He is in Moosia 2 right now. You should see his Book of Mormon. It's full of sticky notes and underlines. I think he studies better than some of the members. :)

I also had Language school last week. I tried something new. I invited a native speaking Finn and had them participate. It went really well and the Missionaries liked it. We have another school next week for those who've been in the country for 6 months. I'm going to do the same thing. There is nothing better for learning a language than speaking with a native.

The Lord is in this work and it is going forward. I'm glad that I can be here in Finland at this time. I need your prayers. We need your prayers to speak the language, find the elect, and teach with the Holy Ghost. I like what Pres. Hinckley said, 'Pray like everything depends on the Lord, then work like everything depends on you'! We are doing our best to follow the Lords will for us here in Finland, and He is blessing us. Thank you for your support.I love you.

I love life. And most of all I love the Lord. He knows what he's doing with us. Isn't it great to know that he sent us to earth for a reason! Everyday things happen all around us. We are in different situations and positions, we experience feelings both good and bad. With out this knowledge I would be lost in life! I wouldn't have any long term vision. Heck, I know about the Plan of Salvation and I still find myself lost in life sometimes. :) haha But really, I want you to know that I love you, and that I know we all have a purpose here. As individuals we are not where we are just randomly. We have specific things to learn and duties to fulfil. Of course we're all here to receive a body and return back to Heavenly Father. But it's also very personal.

This week I've felt the incredible trust the Lord gives us and the accountability we must have back to him. We may be under the vows of a covenant, set apart as a leader or visiting teacher, a parent,... Everyday is important. I'm glad that we have a loving Father in Heaven who has created this perfect plan for us to grow and become like him.

Some people may think, O.k. Elder Quinn....thanks for telling us about the Plan of Salvation again. We already know about that! haha Hyrum Smith spoke the truth when he said we need to study and teach the basic truths of the gospel over and over again and then the secrets of the Kingdom will be opened up unto us. As I've studied the basic truths over and over on my mission my testimony has been strengthened and will continue to be strengthen. It's great to know that I don't need 'deep doctrine'.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Awesome testimony! I'm loving learning about his language calling.