Monday, September 6, 2010

Terve!

Oh, how great it is to be alive! Life is wonderful. God lives, and we are his children.

This week has been great. We rented a trailer and stuffed it full of furniture to go open a new city (Mikkeli) up for missionary work. The Lord was merciful, we were able to do it all in one day due to some tender mercies. Throughout the day's tasks we had a goal to find an investigator for the two Elders who will be moving in on Wednesday. We talked with everyone and towards the end of the day the Lord sent him to us. The young man who sold us the light fixtures was open to meeting with us. So we got his info and will give it to the Elders as they leave Helsinki. It is incredible how the Lord works. He will guide us only as we are engaged in a good cause, or might I re-phrase it only as we are striving to fulfill a worthy goal. The Lord really is incredible. I love Him. And guess what....I love you too!

I am loving serving here. Whether it's moving across the country or sitting in a chapel learning from two Seventies, I know that I'm in the Lord's service. And it shouldn't change after the mission either. I want to organize my life in such a way that I can always truly say that my greatest desire is to serve the Lord and that I'm doing just that. President told us this week, 'you give yourself to the Lord and he will give you the ride of a lifetime.' I believe it. Highs and lows come, but the spirit can always be with us. That's the best part. There is nothing like that companionship of the spirit. It's Godly, divine, out of this world. And you and I are promised that it can be with us always, where ever and whenever. On a mission, off or on. As a parent or single person. Your life will change if you qualify for the spirit and follow it's promptings. Ahhh miten mahtava onkaan tämä periaate! It comes to a point that the world is just around you but you don't let it get to you. You don't care about the world. You're free!

It's tough and great to be here on earth. I testify that Jesus Christ is the only way. This is His gospel. The gospel life is the good life. Nothing else is as important. :) Nothing else brings peace or eternal life.

I might sound weird to some people when they read this. They might say, Oh Elders Quinn, he's just on a mission and he's...just like that. No, I'm speaking the truth. This is the only way to true happiness.

Well, my time is up. I'm sitting here with my Finnish grandmother, Sisar Pyykkö, and she says hello. She was so taken when she got her little letter from you. She understood it but said there is no way she knows enough English to write back to you and express her gratitude. So, thanks from her. You made her day! Good job.

I love you,

Vanhin Quinn

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Loved the letter! Glad things are still moving on:)