Zone Council
Elders Hamner, Sharp, Peterson Leppard, Grimm, Falk, Henderson, Quinn with President and Sister Brown
Oh dear family life is great here in the service of the Lord. Finland is one incredible place.
I can't think of anything that I would need you to send me besides original love and prayers. I've got everything else. Scriptures, Preach My Gospel, markers, more scriptures and PMG in a different language, things to learn from, and plenty of people to teach. So when you send 'the package' just send things that will invite the spirit and excite about missionary work. That's the only thing I care about right now.
I feel like telling a little about what my everyday life is like. Today we decided to eat at this little Mexican place that is close to our office for a delightful lunch. It turned out to be a great choice. They had fresh bread which they make themselves. both regular and one with cheese and olives in it. They just had it laying out on a table and you could cut it yourself. Yummm! We kept going back for more. But what's better is, I cut it for these two old reserved Finnish ladies who came to get some at the same time. I smiled big at them and started talking with them. Joking about me being professional and extending the fresh bread slices ever so graciously onto their plates. We had a grate time with those old ladies, they left the table smiling and loving life. That's what life is all about. I went to go ask the waitress for more bread (I wonder why it ran out?) and this lady asked me, in a thick accent, if I spoke Finnish. I said,'kyllä puhun vähäsen suomea'. (yes I speak a little) We continued our conv. in English. I met her husband. They are from the America and I was able to tell them about the church and how we have a real live prophet. At the end I invited them to come to General conf. They said they have a member friend and would like to come to conference YES! oh, what joy fills the heart as one tells others about the gospel in a loving way. That couple could start investigating or not. It's up to them. But it's our job as ones who know the truth to tell them. Whether we are walking on the street, moving to Mikkeli, buying furniture form Ikea, eating in a sweet Mexican restaurant, traveling to church,... Another cool thing...in the D&C the Lord has promised that he's prepared people to hear his word and that he'll send them across our paths. How cool is that?
So, we just talk with people where ever we are, teach them and invite them. If they say no......It's tough, but we will, with the Lord's help, find those who are ready.
Oh, there is so much on my mind today to tell you, but the time is already up. Well, that was a little taste of what we do. we talk of Christ. It's the best.
Please pray that we can find our next baptismal candidate.
I love you. Have fun with the little ones at home. Good luck N8. That's cool everyone has moved. The word used in Finnish for 'to move' is also to change. I hope we've all changed for the better over the last month as well. If we aren't striving to do better or to put it in scripture lang., 'anciously engaged in a good cause',(D&C 58:24-28?) We are going down hill.
Enjoy the wonderful fall air. It's just the same here.
All my love,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments:
Post a Comment