Monday, September 20, 2010

Terve!

      First of all, thank you so much for your prayers offered on my behalf, especially that we can as a companionship find, teach, baptize, lead, and fulfill the calling that Heavenly Father has given us. I have no doubt that every faith-filled prayer offered helps us out here. Thank you.
     Mckay, sounds like you're a stud. Congrats on getting into Savior of the World! That is such a cool opportunity through which you can strengthen your own testimony and give the opportunity to others to feel the spirit. I remember before I left and I watched it a few times. Through your selfless sacrifice and talents I was able to come to know Christ better. Those were some key moments that prepared me for my mission. Your a good boy! Keep on serving people....and I don't just mean through theater, mom told me what else your doing. Keep it up! I want to tell you one thing. You will never regret focusing on your mission and building your testimony and knowledge of the gospel. It is awesome to go out and have fun! It is important to do your homework. It is healthy to be active, but the MOST IMPORTANT, more important than all those other things, is your personal relationship with Heavenly Father. Focus on that even more than you focus on the other things. In all reality it will increase all of the other aspects of your life as well. A smart 15 year old boy makes sure God is number one in his life. I love you MAQ!
      N8, I got your letter.....and I LOVED it! I wish you the best as you start a whole new phase of life. Thanks for your righteous example to me. It's close to never failing.
     Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's how wide my smile is right now because I'm thinking about you. You are the worlds #1 mom. Way to be with all the kids again. It's funny how you mentioned those time outs. You are following principles of the gospel when you do that, namely that we should always strive for the companionship of the spirit. Bad thoughts, the natural man, excessive tiredness......can all offend the spirit. We try to practice the same principle in our companionship. If something is driving the spirit away we stop what we are doing and find out what it is. Then we try to fix it and invite the spirit back. It's incredible to be with little children. Everything you do they see and often imitate. You have such a huge impact on their lives! Life is so great and meaningful. Mom and Dad, thank you for teaching and LIVING correct principles.
     Say hi to Mabel. Mabel, I love you. Isn't life the greatest?! You would love the chocolate they have here in Europe. But then again, you've got that really good stuff you always gave me. Thank you. I'm out here serving the Lord and learning how to involve him in all that I do. I know he is with us. He is with YOU and your beautiful grandchildren. :) 
     Last week our investigator got moved up to Rovaniemi safely. Pres. Brown was up there and saw here in church, and she gave Sister Brown a huge hug! YES! This week we have a four day conference for all the mission leaders, and trainers and their comps. over 30 come for 4 days. We have 4 staying with us.
     Keep the Love alive!
  Sincerely,
          Elder Quinn

No comments: