Monday, September 27, 2010

Terve!

The training last week went really well. It is really opening up my eyes to new areas of improvement and better ways to teach more effectively. Teaching helps people to gain a testimony and then become converted. A testimony is knowing a principle is right and then proclaiming it. But conversion is living it. That is the harder part. :) But it is essential to our salvation. Really, if you think about it. Everyone in the three kingdoms will know that Jesus is the Christ. But only those who valiantly live according to that testimony inherit eternal life in the celestial kingdom. Lets live it!

Oh what a blessing it is to come from such a family that is strongly rooted in the gospel. I love you! Yes, Camllle, that includes you and the new baby as well. ;) Just like Dad testified of in sacrament meeting, the gospel is number one, Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone. Everything we do must be centered on following Him and helping others to do the same. Dad, you have no clue what happened inside of me when I heard about your testimony in church. I was immediately filled with joy and I couldn't help but smile. Thanks for the great work you do with them. You are such a good example to me. I love you. Have a great week at work. Someday I'd love to go to work with you for a week.

Mom, the Finnish word that I would use to describe you is IHANA. It means beautiful, wonderful, great, all wrapped up together with pure love. You are ihana. (ee-ha-naw)

With 32 missionaries in Helsinki last week we now have a lot of follow up work to do. We have 3 new investigators and some people to go back to. What a blessing. one man has a baptismal date. He came to church yesterday and we translated for him. He's only lived in Finland for a year so the language is a barrier. My hope is that his testimony will still grow and blossom like sister Portwood's did when she was here.

Oh, will you please tell here that we contacted all of those referrals. No one was interested in the gospel but they did remember her! I didn't go myself but the Elders who went had a great time telling me about this one family who got out pictures. They took pictures with them and I'm going to send them.

Some of the people we are teaching are getting very close to baptism. Please pray for them. One has been a member before and now wants to come back. Pray that she can have the courage. Pray that this man from Nigeria can get a strong testimony. Help us call down the Lords power so these wonderful people can enjoy the blessings of conversion for the rest of their lives.

Mckay MAQ daddy. Or should I say Namann? haha sweet talk. It is so true that we need to stay positive. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Thanks for your talk it helped me organize my thoughts a bit better. We must be positive always striving after praiseworthy things and also to serve the one. Just like the Savior did. As he went around he blessed and administered to people one by one. As we are so busy with our lives. It is crucial to remember to serve and love people, one by one. That's what makes life enjoyable! My prayer is that as a family we can have the spirit with us to help us know what is most important. And to help us serve one by one, enjoying every part of life, and using every opportunity.

Love,

Vanhin Quinn

No comments: