Tuesday, October 5, 2010

kiitos


Hei Elders of Israel,

Oh ye elect servants of the Lord! Yea, even those chosen from the streets, hallways, and slopes of Park City. Let us raise our voices together in praise of the Lord our almighty God as we serve Him tirelessly (väsymättä) for 2 years. Let us support each other during this wonderful time of love and learning. haha ok I can't go further.

What's up fellow Parkites????? How are you? No, you are not forgotten. I love you all and would like to share some of my faith building experiences with you. No matter where you are on your mission, keep it up. I know we are doing the Lord's work, and the most important thing we can be doing at this point in our lives.

I'm serving in Helsinki Finland and the work is really accelerating here this year. The Lord is preparing people all over the world to accept the gospel, I know this to be true. A few months ago we got a referral from Salt Lake City. When we went to the mans house he opened the door and warmly invited us in to give him a Book Of Mormon. As we walked in he had his bible open and was listening to a church video on you tube! He accepted everything that was taught to him and was baptized three weeks from the first meeting. Four weeks ago he blessed the sacrament for the first time. Can you say prepared, or elect?!

Another similar story. Two weeks ago my new companion, Elder Kurt Henderson, and I contacted a referral from our Bishop. When we knocked on the door she said she couldn't meet but would have time later. We gave her a Book Of Mormon and made a return appointment. Well, on that very next appointment she set a baptismal date and will be baptized on the 13th of November. She came to General Conference and is reading and praying everyday. Words from her own mouth, ' I only have a few weeks to repent and prepare myself to be baptized'.

God is a God of miracles. He misses us all and wants everyone to have a chance to accept his gospel. We have the incredible privilege to be a part of that process. Lets not let our pride or vain ambitions get in the way of His will. We can find these elect by following the spirit. That means we've got to be 100,000% obedient! And pray our guts out.

Oh how I love you all. Lets commit together to be a little bit better, talk to a few more people, follow our first impressions and love everyone we see.

Lets get this starty parted.... in other words.....find, teach, and baptize!

Your fellow ambassador of Christ,
Vanhin Quinn

P.S. I'd love to hear how you are doing and where you are!

This is my permanent address:

Elder Dallin Quinn
Neitsytpolku 3 A 4
Helsinki, Finland 00140

No comments: