Monday, October 11, 2010

Terve!

Well, we had a wonderful week with lots of time to find and teach. We've had a lot of meetings, trainings, etc, and it was good to just have a regular week, well....I take that back. We did spend a whole day moving the Helsinki Elders into a new apartment. But still, we were able to do some good work.

The best was teaching Sister A. who is going to be baptized on Oct. 31. (Happy Halloween! :) She is so humble and sincere. We taught her about coffee and after the lesson she sent us out to throw it in the trash. She came to church again and is building friendships in the ward. The ward members are really supporting of her and loving. It's great to see everyone come together in the process of conversion. With her we are really concentrating on conversion. Yes, it's important to be baptized. But it doesn't mean a lot or it doesn't stay, unless one is truly converted.

Mom and Dad, thank you for creating an environment at home where the spirit could be so that I too could experience conversion. It is only strengthening out here on the mission. It truly has a lot of ups and downs but I can tell you that I will not be coming home the same person. Hey, that's what the gospel is for, that's why Jesus Christ died for us, so that we can CHANGE! Put off the natural man, conquer death, whatever you want to say.... If we don't change while here on earth, we're in trouble. :)

You asked about what we eat. That is one thing that has changed. My motto/ policy: eat to feel the spirit. We eat three times a day. It's always a big meal, especially with Elder Henderson. He eats like a horse. The food is always well balanced. We have to eat real food example: Whole wheat, tons of veggies, meat, dairies and fruits. Otherwise I can't function to the best of my ability and I can't tune in as well to the spirit. You really can feel the difference between eating junk and eating the good healthy stuff. There is nothing better than vegetables. OHHH! They make me feel sooo good. And fruits in the morning are the bomb, we make smoothies for Breakfast without sugar and sometimes slice fresh fruit into granola or porridge. We love to eat and get one hour for lunch and one hour for dinner. So we don't have time to bake, but I'll defiantly look into that after the mission. Cooking is the BEST! I think it was Tiff who said its a good creative outlet. Amen sister. I love it!

The members invite us over every now and then. Except for two wonderful old ladies in their eighties that have us over every week, haha they are so devout. We love them so much! One tells us about the war all the time and it really opens my eyes to things I've never experienced. They are so nice to us, I'll take pictures with them this week. Sisters Anderson and Kosonen.

We have plenty of money. In the beginning of my mission I saved and saved. Now I'm set for life. I don't need to worry about the money situation at all, it's nice. I learned a good lesson doing that. What you save in the beginning goes a long ways in the end.

As far as clothes, we've got a washer and drier. :) there are only a few driers in the mission and we landed one. YES! It's wonderful.

Today you got to learn about some temporal things of the mission. But in the long run its all spiritual or done to have the spirit.

Love you tons,

Elder Quinn

No comments: