Monday, November 29, 2010

Terve

Elder Horne and Elder Quinn
Thanksgiving Dinner in Finland
Terve!

What a week! We traveled to Tampere and Oulu, had three zone conferences, ate five thanksgiving meals, I got a new companion, and we had a baptism. Everything went really well with the baptism. There were over 60 people there and well over 20 were visitors. It was so great to see that many people in a dedicated building. Even though all of them won't be getting baptized in the near future, it still had a positive effect on them. Some of them really recognized the presence of the spirit, it was neat. On Sunday at the confirmation six or so came back to support F---. Things are going really well. We are going to work hard to keep the work going upward.

The joy that comes from helping others come unto Christ is irreplaceable. After experiencing even just a little bit of it one starts to realize how empty the things of the world are. The world just offers 'fried froth' its nasty, non-filling, unhealthy, gunck! I want to always turn to the Lord and rely on him for the peace that he gives. It is irreplaceable. and you can feel it anywhere even if it's cold outside, you have afflictions, or you're dead tired. He is the Prince of Peace.

I'm sorry I do not have lots of time to write but, here is a picture of Elder Horne and I. He is from Arizona. I lived with him for a change earlier on my mission in Espoo with elders Nikiforov and May. He is great. Always smiling and has a good positive attitude.

I don't need Christmas CD or anything for Christmas. But the conference Ensign would be SWEET!

Life is good. Please continue the prayers on behalf of our new members and those who we work with.

Love,

Elder Quinn

1 comment:

Nancy said...

How exciting!!! You are are definately on the down hill side of this:)