Elder Quinn and Henderson with F
Terve!Oh, it's great to sit down and be able to write to those I love so much. Winter has arrived here in Finland. It has snowed quite a bit over the last few days and we finally have a white winter wonderland. I can't help but be happy every time we walk out the door into the bright white world and crisp air. :)
The Lord is really taking care of us this Thanksgiving. The baptism went really well on Saturday. Then yesterday Brother F received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The lesson in Priesthood class was on the Holy Ghost and Brother F was taking notes. It was great to see. We are going over to their house tonight to hold their first family home evening. It is marvelous to see how the gospel is bringing their family together and helping them make changes in their lives. It inspires me to keep changing and becoming better myself.
The girl I've been asking you to pray for couldn't make it to the baptism on Saturday because of work but on Sunday she told us that she wants to be baptized on Thursday! So we will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Heavenly Father is watching over us. And He has really wrought many miracles in this young woman's life to prepare her to accept His gospel.
We have zone conferences this week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, so everyday is full. I pray that we have planned well enough and we can keep the spirit with us. Please pray that our message goes well. We've prepared a lot, we even role played it! :) Thanks for your quotes they came at the right time.
Mckay, it sounds like you're partying it up there in PC. Lots to do. It's way fun to play hard. I remember a lot of times tubbing, 4-wheeling,...with you. It's just as important to balance that play with hard work and discipline, otherwise that fun won't really be as fun any more. Do you have a job? I love you MAQ. Keep being a good example to your friends and me!
Well mom, hopefully this e-mail was a little more satisfying in length. :) Thank you for the envelope of pictures. They were great. WOW that's a BIG engagement ring! and mom, you are so cute. I smile every time I see you or dad in a picture. Above all I'm the most happy when I here about any of you learning a gospel principle or doing something according to Heavenly Fathers eternal plan. That is what brings me happiness out here on the mission. And I firmly believe that's the only important thing to do for the rest of our lives. Faith brings happiness!
I love you,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments:
Post a Comment