Elders; Karlsson, Quinn, Henderson, Horne, Christensen, Burt, May
Terve
Oh, what a wonderful week. We had that big training meeting that lasts four days in which we learn the principles of teaching. It is pretty intense. President will teach us for about two hours and then we have an hours to practice teach what he just taught in role plays. I have a big love hate relationship with role plays. They take a lot of effort and they can be really awkward and discouraging, but always afterwards the final teach is so much better. It's taught me a good lesson that hard work in preparation really does pay off. In a way I feel like I'm working my bum off out here on the mission. Yes it's hard work. But I'm learning lessons that will bless me for the rest of my life.
Mom, to answer your question, Elder Henderson and I were joking the other day about p-day. We said that we have p-hour, not p-day. There is a lot to be done and people to be loved. Today was different though. We stopped by the mall and Elder Henderson got some things before he leaves for home.
We have a baptism on Saturday and we are going tonight to teach some more lessons preparatory for it. His story is quite good. Just over a year ago a young woman with a child was baptized into our ward. Now her husband is going to be baptized. He has a testimony of the BOM, they have family prayer together, and read together. It's cool to see the blessings of the gospel immediately taking effect in their family when they live the gospel. It is the only thing that brings families together eternally and gives true peace.
I'm thankful for the gospel principles taught in our home. Thank you for your warm support. Still pray that those we work with will recognize God's hand in their life.
Love,
Vanhin Quinn

No comments:
Post a Comment