Saturday, December 18, 2010

Terve!

Thank you Hopkinson's for the wonderful work you put into that video. I LOVED it. I'm going to show it to my companion I think it's so great! So creative. Thank you Simons for the sweet card!!!!!! I love you two so much. Well...I guess I love you three and a half. :) Why I'm thanking so much. MAQ, thanks for the tid-bit. It's good to know that scouts is still the same. And Mom, please tell Sister Rogers and the primary thank you. They sent me a great card/booklet for Christmas. Oh man, there is just so much to be grateful for.

Helsinki is SO beautiful right now. It's been snowing like crazy. Helsinki has more snow than anywhere else in Finland, can you believe that? We've been able to help a ton of people because of it. It's been great, hopefully we can find an investigator out of it.

C----- F---- received the priesthood on Sunday and Elder Horne and I had the privilege to participate in the ordinance. It was special. I think of all the good that the priesthood will bring into their home. It's immessurable!

The blessings really are just pouring out from heaven upon us. All of our new converts this year are progressing in the church. We had ward temple day this week and three of them were there for the first time. wow Christ can change lives.

I've been thinking a lot about life. There is so much that goes on in life. Some things are more important than others. I know that the more I concentrate on doctrine the happier I am and the better I can serve others around me. Think of all the things you do in a day. What simple doctrines are entailed? I could write you an e-mail all about how we visited a Christmas flea market and I spent a lot of money on gifts for you all, or I could write and testify of doctrines. It is so much more meaningful and real to dwell on the truths of the Kingdom. When we plan our lives and design our activities around true doctrine we are always remembering Him. Just like we promise in the most sacred ordinance of Jesus Christ's restored church.

Today when we went to that outdoor market we decided to concentrate on the doctrine that God loves all of his children and he prepares them to hear the gospel. So as we went from hut to hut in the freeeeeeeezing cold weather we kept our eyes and hearts open. We ended up talking to a wonderful woman that has sold to missionaries before and also sold some products to the temple here in Finland. We gave her a card and invited her to learn more. She was prepared!

I know that when we form our lives around true principles of the gospel, we align ourselves with Heavenly Fathers will. We become different. We become happier. We see things 'as they really are and really will be'.

I love Heavenly Father and know that by following His son Jesus Christ in ALL that we do we can have his spirit to be with us. That's what we are trying to do out here in the streets of Helsinki. We are remembering Him with our thoughts, and actions.

Because doctrine rocks I have a favor to ask of you all. In preparation for the Christmas phone call will you think of a gospel principle that has had particular meaning to you this month and be ready to share / testify on Christmas. It can be something you've learned lately or just gratitude for a certain principle because of something that's happened.... that type of thing. I am on my mission and I really don't care too much about who is going on vacation where and when..... But I know that the gospel is what really brings our family together. We can bless and teach each other. If we do so this last phone call will be the BEST of all! I love you all so much!

Thanks for the great support. I feel so loved by you. I sent the phone number stuff. We will arrange a time next week. Let me know if you have questions.

No comments: