Terve!
Mom, you're right life is wonderful! Helsinki is a winter wonderland! As we drove into town this morning I couldn't help but think, 'Elder Horne, we need to take pictures!!! It may be a long time until we see this kind of snow again.' We went caroling last night with some ward members and this morning we rode the bus to the outskirts of town to help a widow pick out
Us shoveling out our parking spot at the apt. building
1. Elder Pace and I on splits in Neitsytpolku. (Look at the great Christmas decoration)
snow on our deck. COLD!
a Christmas tree. The snow is absolutely magical, but better than all that is the love that is given and received at Christmas. I can really feel it. People are more open to show love and help each other out. Everyone is so happy because they are actually living in closer accordance with the gospel. If only they knew that they can do that all year long!! :) Christ was always serving others and sharing with them the gospel. It's so great to see people following His example by serving, shoveling a neighbors driveway, visiting the sick, inviting a friend to church, spending time with someone lonely...
It's fun to see people forget about themselves and think more about others. I'm trying to apply that in my life too, it can be hard sometimes! :) but, so great. Heavenly Father helps me notice when I start to turn inward and gives me the gusto (love) to, in that moment, decide to think of someone else. I know we can always do it. Whether its just a matter of directing our thoughts or physically going and doing something like scraping the ice off of someone's car or providing food for one who can't afford it.
President Monson said his best Christmases were when he really served others. This is fastly becoming and I hope it does become my best Christmas yet. I feel the spirit when I give. I love it. I know that everyone can feel that wonderful spirit. It comes from God.
Thank you for the package. It is going quick! We ate the BYU fudge with L----, a wonderful 75 year old man. He says thank you for bringing something new to his Christmas. We shared the chocolate covered cinnamon bears with the F--- family. Their little boy didn't like them, but Cletus (his dad) really did. I'm taking the socks up to the elders in the north on Tuesday Your gifts are blessing many here in Finland.
The 15th was a great day. We had district meeting in the afternoon and the sisters made cheese cake. It was sweet. :) The whole district meeting was centered on Jesus Christ. The spirit was good. Then later in the day we got to teach twice. It was a very satisfying day because I was able to either be learning of Christ or serving the whole day. oh...and the sisters Cheese cake......
It is incredible to be alive. Life can just be a rush sometimes. Heavenly Father has put a feeling in Elder Horne and my heart that there is someone this week to be found. Someone who is ready. Someone who will be baptized. Would you please pray that we can follow God's will this week and find the elect? You will have an added measure of the spirit of Christ when you do so. I know the Church is true. I know that Christmas is a time to do what Christ would do if he personally were here ministering among men at this time. I love you and hope you find many ways this Christmas to spread the true love of Christ with others.
oh yeah...the phone call. Suprise me! You have two options. You can call when Elder Horne's family calls (we have two phones so don't worry) which is at seven in the morning Christmas day my time(ten at night Christmas eve your time). OR you can call at eight o'clock at night Christmas day my time (eleven in the morning Christmas day your time). We will be free at both times. If you call in the morning don't worry about me being not ready, we'll be just coming in from running and I'm usually refreshed then. I didn't know which time would work best for the whole family so you can choose.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment