What a wonderful day! We woke up to more snow this morning. It made for a fun run. Elder Horne and I on the way back rolled around in the snow a bit. It felt good, not only to be in the fluffy snow but to smile and enjoy the lighter side of life.
I'm grateful for the big perspective that the gospel gives and also the power that can be received through the atonement. We have a lot of things to do before the end of this transfer. I pray that we will be able to get them all done and also be able to concentrate on people at the same time. It takes a lot of balance to do that. But life really is great when you go slow enough to enjoy it. I've noticed that working in the office, and even all the time, it's easy to fall into the 'tasktrap' not noticing the people around me. But when I live the gospel, read, have goals, and remember Christ, it is natural to look at others needs and want to help. In my opinion that is a miracle. One of the many that come when one lives a consecrated life. I think Elder Scott said the world would take a man out of the slums and change his behavior, but Christ changes human nature and the man takes himself out of the slums. I testify to the power of the atonement. Christ can change human nature. I've seen and experienced it many times on my mission. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who helps us to become.
I'm also thankful for you! Your Christmas videos did come through and I got to watch them. Thank you. Looks like lots of fun. Thank you for all the Christmas packages and support. Please pray for us to find new investigators and also for the gift of tongues. We need both.
Lots of love,

Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment