Monday, January 3, 2011


Elder Henderson and Quinn with recent convert




Terve!

McKay you're looking great these days. That was a pretty serious mullet. I think the hair cut looks real nice now.

Mom, I'm so excited for you to go on splits with the sisters!!!!! The unknown is definitely scary but you will love it. And you don't really need to worry about teaching. Preach My Gospel instructs that the missionaries are the teachers and members just back up testify and do fellowshipping. Missionary work is like being on the front line in the battle. It's full of action, rejection... but with the sharp sword of the spirit you can do anything the Lord asks. My advice would be to say a specific prayer before you go that you will be able to listen to and be directed by the spirit. If you do so, I guarantee it will happen. Have FUN!!! Sister missionaries are really good. I must say that the sisters we have here are all super ahead of us Elders. They do irreplaceable work, and you will be such a blessing to them and the people you will meet.

That is fun that F-- actually e-mailed you. You can totally respond, it's not against any rules. She's a great new member and I'm sure she would love to hear from you and it would be good to get even more support as a new member. I can't imagine what it is like to totally change one's life and join the church as an adult. Lot's and lots of change and learning, I'm sure.

The Finnish language is absolutely incredible. It just does something to my heart. I love it. I'm grateful Heavenly Father has blessed me with that love this whole time. Speaking with people and helping them is awesome. I feel like I'm doing well but there is a lot of room for improvement. Especially if you start thinking about vocabulary and sentence fluency! Holy guacamole, there is a lot to be learned. But the thing to remember is that this is God's work and he enables me to do it. There is not a day that goes by when Elder Horne and I don't pray for the gift of tongues. We need it all the time. The better we can speak the language the closer we pass to the hearts of the people, the better we can follow the spirit's promptings to say something, and the more people will listen to what we say...not how we say it. Thank you for your prayers of faith. Because of your faith we have experienced success here.

The Lord has blessed blessed us a lot this week. We got two new investigators and they both came to church. One even brought a friend along! We have appointments with them this week on Friday. It's so fun to teach people and see them accept the gospel. I know it's true and that it's the only way to real happiness.

Love,










Vanhin Quinn








No comments: