Hei
I have no time! We did four hours of service today for a lady who came to the open house with one of her member friends. It was great. We moved stuff out of an old furniture store. We had tons of sweet opportunities to talk about gospel principles. It really made a good impression. I love serving!
Elder Weaver is doing well. It's still really hard for him to understand but he is also working diligently at it. He even studies after we get home at night.
Sorry this is so short.
The members are taking really good care of us. And we have plenty of people to teach.
Just pray for us to follow the spirit.
I love you,
Elder Quinn
Sorry for this shorty, I WILL write more next week. Hopefully you understand.
Whee, I got some more time. I only had 30 min before to read everything and write to you and President Brown.
This week my testimony of the Holy Ghost was strengtened. If we are worthy he guides us by giving us thoughts and feelings.
Last week I was assigned to talk yesterday in sacrament meeting. Well, I didn't think about it Monday.....Tuesday........Wednesday because I had a district meeting to prepare for. I started thinking about it Thursday and I had surprising thoughts and feelings. I thought, 'Heavenly Father is this my thoughts or yours'?. I gave it some time and I decided the thoughts must be coming from Him because each time I prayed they came again. You can only guess what my talk was about. It was about how PMG is THE LORD's WAY to do missionary work. And how we can all be more valiant in our testimony of Christ by serving.
It took faith to stand up in front of the ward and deliver it. I didn't know if people would pull me to the side and chew me out afterward or what.... But I did know what the Lord told me to say, and so I said it. The ward members actually really liked it. It felt great to be a tool in the Lord's hands. Even though it was scary in the beginning the reward was great and now I'm that much more ready to follow the next prompting he gives me. That's how the gospel works!!!! :)
Tiff, I got your e-mail. Thank you. I have not been thinking about those things so I don't know what I'll be doing. But I will say that it sounds way fun and like a good experience!!! Family first right?!!!
We got THREE investigators this week!!! Wow the spirit is just pouring out on Tampere. A young man came to church on Sunday who we''ve been teaching, it was great to see how he enjoyed it. We are meeting with him later this week. Pray that he will keep his commitments and be sensitive to the spirit.
I love you,
Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment