We started the day on a wonderful note. After a refreshing morning study we made grilled cheese sandwiches (I can't say my diet has gotten better since being with Elder Weaver ). Then we had a teach with a young man who's investigated before. He decided he really does have a testimony and is going to live according to it from now on. He set a baptismal date for the 26th of February! YES! The success here is incredible. I've seen an incredible amount of growth here in Finland. When I was in Tampere as a new missionary we found one new investigator in 18 weeks. Elder Weaver and I have been here for four and we've had seven. It's because the missionaries and members are doing work the Lords way, in other words, according to Preach My Gospel. President Brown has taught us to study it and do what it tells us to do, and it has really paid off. It has strengthened my testimony that we truly have a loving Heavenly Father who continually guides us through prophets. No matter what stage of life we're in we must look to the Lord. What does he advice through modern day prophets, church handbooks, magazines, conferences, and by the Holy Ghost? I know that if we align our will with God's we will succeed.
Elder Weaver is a stud. He is working hard. He needs to buy a camera and so we are going to visit a store today. Speaking of...I need to send some pictures. I only have ten min. left!!!!
But hei MAQ, cool story. I do know Jonna. She lives in Helsinki. I never served in her ward but I know them through bigger church activities. And her husband also helped us teach an investigator in Helsinki. One day when we were in the train station we ran into her. We talked for a good 15 min. and she told us all about a song/video she was working on about how pop stars can have more depth and integrity. So, I guess the song is out now. Fun!
The work is bounding forward one day and one contact at a time. Much love,

Elder Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment