It's been a beautiful but cold week. The cloud cover that kept the atmosphere 'warmer' left, and left us with temperatures well below zero. It's been fun to practice the principle of diligence this week. We will come in from the freezing cold to make a nice warm dinner. Oh, it tastes and feels so good to eat warm food! Then we strap on the backpacks, throw on a hat, and cinch up the gloves to go back out. The most important thing is that we have the right clothes to keep us warm so that we can concentrate on the people around us and not on how cold we are! You might think it sounds miserable to be outside so much when it's freezing. But we love it. We have the best purpose, Jesus Christ. We do it because we love him, and we want to help the people of Finland come to know Him.
It is quite interesting to be so close to the end. Planning ahead is a habit that I've developed quite a bit on the mission. We look forward to setting goals and rely on the Lord to accomplish them. It's tricky because I naturally think a head to set those goals. But when it happens I just smile to myself and think, 'everything has it's own time, lets just finish the mission with all I've got'. Then I go through our investigators in my mind and think of how we can help them, or I pray, or I start talking to someone if we are out and about. It takes some mental self discipline but the Lord is really helping me with it. He's also blessed me with a good companion who doesn't 'trunkify'. Elder Weaver is a big blessing to me. It's a job to teach him a lot, but it's also good to learn from him!
This week I'm giving a baptism interview to one of the zone leaders investigators that will be baptized on Saturday. That will be sweet to be at a Baptism service on my last Saturday.
With love,

Elder Quinn
p.s. I'd love to speak in the visitors ward!
That song's name is something like aamuvarpunen or joulu varpunen
Dallin will be speaking in the Park City Sacrament Meeting 27 February at 9 am. He has also been asked to speak at the same location, 2200 Monitor Dr. in Park City at the visitor ward at 11 am the same day.
No comments:
Post a Comment